Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases; 1/20/22

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends!  Hope everyone has had a good start to their day.

What beauty purchases did you buy this week?  Was it a new purchase or a repeat purchase that you love?  Let us know about it and what you like or didn't like about it.

Here's my list:

Essence - Mauve It, Mauve It and Coral Me Maybe eyeshadow palettes.  Must admit I haven't tried them yet but will soon.  Have the Taupe It Up palette so I'm hoping I like these just as much.

NYX - Jumbo eyeliner in Grape.  Tried it and didn't like it.  Didn't last and within a few hours, it was under my eye and I had a slight purplish look  which was not good.  Glad it wasn't expensive so out it went.

Laura Geller - Received the TSV and like everything in it except for the lipstick.  I"ve never been a fan of her lipsticks so this wasn't a surprise.  They are creamy and nice just very little color payoff. So will try this with a lipliner and see if I feel differently about it.

Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation in light beige.  I had bought the vanilla but it was too light.  This foundation is FABULOUS!  It is every bit as good as the YTers say it is.  Blends well, lasts long, medium coverage, and looks good even as the day progressed.  Foundations are so different on everyone and this one works for me.  It wasn't expensive so it was worth a try and glad I did. 

Hope everyone is doing well, staying safe and is remembering in these trying times to be kind to yourself.

EDITED TO ADD:  Received lipliners from Laura Geller today so tried the Radiant Rose lipliner with the TSV lipstick Bellisima and its beautiful.  Looks great. A very nice mid-tone pink - not bright pink but a rosy pink.  Very pretty.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases; 1/20/22

Well I'm on a no buy soooooooo, I only bought:

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Pink Wink.  As a justification, I only bought it because it was on clearance at Target for $1.73.  I just tried it on last night and I absolutely love the color!  

I own this particular line of lipsticks in several colors and they are definitely all winners.  Honestly this has become one of my favorite lines of lipstick in my collection, out of both high-end and drugstore.

I have Romantic Rose, Warm Me Up, Born With It and Plum Perfect and they are all lipsticks I reach for time and time again.     

Contributor

I have all those essense pallets also.  Small price for a fund indulgence.  Of course, I didn't need any of them but they are great quality for the price.  I also bought Laura Geller's TSV.  It hasn't arrived yet.  Hope it does damaged.

Valued Contributor

@JudyL 

hi Ladies ! 

I posted on another post that I purchased the  new RMS eye lights in Spark and Strobe . They are wonderful . I also purchased the RMS uncover in shade 11 and LIP2CHEEK in Spell .  We have to wear masks at work so I need a good concealer that doesnt settle in fine  lines . I have tried a few , but have come back to RMS . It is really seamless. I have acne prone skin so I can't do coconut oil  products all over my face, but under eyes and a little of the lip2cheek on my cheeks and lips is fine . The lip 2 cheek Spell  is a beautfiul a nude dusty rose . I have redness on my skin from old acne marks . I can not do too pink or red a blush because it brings out my redness . Peach or coral can really go too warm or clash . I have salt and pepper hair and wear blues, burgundies and grays  This is a beautiful color not too warm or brown . Have a great day ladies 

Honored Contributor

A lovely Trish McEvoy fragrance called Blackberry and Vanilla.  Sadly it has to go back.  It smells great for the 1st 30 seconds then smells like a liquid cough syrup I used to take as a child.

Laura Geller BnB.  This can't be made for mature, dry skin ladies.  I applied all the same pre-make up hydrating and moisturizing products I do with any makeup, including Fenty Powder Foundation.  It was dry and tight.  It's going back too.

Nars Radiant Foundation.  Will be here tomorrow.

MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Shampoo.  Will be here tomorrow.

QRx Labs Squalane CE

Respected Contributor

@JudyL 

Hi

Where did you buy the Bourjois foundation from? I've heard good things about it but thought it was Canadian? I'm probably wrong TIA

Valued Contributor

I purchased the glass skin kit from Peach & Lily, and also the raw sauce they sell. Jury is out still.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat - Its from France.  I purchased it on Amazon.  If you get it, let me know

Respected Contributor

@JudyL 

Thank you. I'm terrible with shade match so I'll probably watch 30 videos before I order 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Next week I will share my Christmas beauty gifts.  Right now I am getting under the covers -- going down to 8.

kindness is strength