New Contributor

Beauty Products on QVC

[ Edited ]

I a longtime customer of QVC, I have noticed in the past year QVC has increased their costs on the majority products they sell especially all the beauty products  such as Philosophy, Mally , Josie Maran and It Cosmetics.  Has anyone else noticed this.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beauty Products on QVC

[ Edited ]

Some of these brand have increased their prices everywhere so QVC , like other retailers  pass these increases on to their customers.  QVC sets are still a great value compared to retail competitors.  I realize that the value of a set depends upon its configuration. For example, if a 5-piece set contains only one or two products you use, or think you will use, then buying those items individually is usually the better value.  

Honored Contributor

@laynegirlI wouldn't be the least surprised because I know I'm spending more to live this year than I did in the past, but while I've been buying from QVC for over 25 years, I don't keep track of prices.  I'd love to be able to pay the prices of my past, but that's probably not going to happen and I'm not going to change what I buy and like unless I have to to eat and be warm.

But my increased cost of living can't be QVC's fault.  My last purchase was in April.  It was a Laura Geller item and I can't tell you if it cost more this year than the last time I bought it.  Maybe -  maybe not.  How would I know since that previous purchase was so long ago, it doesn't show on my order status any longer?  Maybe it was even less; I do know that in the past I paid QVC much more for shipping beauty than we do now.

Esteemed Contributor

All prices are going up (or have gone up) on every product everywhere.  Not just QVC.  Have you been to the supermarket lately?   Yikes!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Products on QVC

[ Edited ]

YES i have noticed the increase!! I try and buy when there is free which helps the cost  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

YES i have noticed the increase!! I try and buy when there is free which helps the cost  Smiley Happy

@CherryHugs  I wait until the mu sites have their special sales. Same w/ my skincare. I keep a running list of what I’ll be running out of within 3-6 months. 

Although Ulta gives coupons, they’re never good for anything in my basket...they plan it that way. Most of the time coupon’s only good for same items you’d purchase at drugstore...makeup brands, too.

Trusted Contributor
I noticed price increases, particularly after the sale of the companies, i.e. most recently with IT.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Yes I have seen the price increases and sometimes the decrease in size of the make up and don't buy anymore. I've been buying samples on Ebay to try and I know some folks have mixed feelings about that, but I have had really good luck getting the genuine product at hugely  reduced $$. And if I hate it, it's no big deal as I didn't spend alot to begin with. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve also noticed the increase in offering sets, duos, etc. to up their revenue. I don’t always need 6 mascaras at one time for $50 + shipping or leave the brush off an item and subtract $20.

Occasional Contributor

I think you can find the products elsewhere:  I just purchased Algenist at ‘another store’ for 11.99 vs QVC of 130 + shipping and Philosophy Fresh at 9.99/. I suggest you start ‘sourcing’ and bring down your expenses.