Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty Products On Their Way Out!

I totally agree about the matte lipstick trend.  It only looks good on very young women who have full lips.  I'm not either of these so I will stick to my cream lipsticks with a satin finish.  

I don't do any highlighting or contouring, just couldn't make it look natural.  I occasionally put a little bronzer along my hairline if I feel I look too light but that's it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love matte lipstick.  I do not like highlighting and contouring products.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

TBH I am not a trendsetter when it comes to fashion. I'm usually the last to know if I actually do ever know at all.  I learned how to do my makeup when I was working for Avon ad through other sources throughout the years. But over the past year I learned of this contouring and baking stuff .... I still don't know what the baking stuff is about - packing on powder? And orbing and now reverse orbing? What the heck?!

I put my foundation, I press in a little powder, fill in a little brow - use a light eyeshadow over the lid and brow,  use a darker for the crease ( and part of the brow for me since I have hooded eyes) and a little bit of color on the lid. Liner on the lid and halfway on the bottom lids because my eyes are hooded and small and set back too. ( having liner from the outer edge to halfway under the eye helps a small eye look more open.)  A little mascara ( and I use it on the top of the lashes as well because it helps them look a little thicker.

Swipe some blush and smooth some lipstick - I'm done.  I don't need any shine on my face - I'm 49 - I don't need to look 10/20/30 years older.  I will be happy to look those ages when I am those ages. No worries. 

But - for mat lipsticks - I love them. They stay on better than the average lipstick and having thin lips -  the slick ones make me look older.  I like a nic nude(ish) matt. I havn't found a single Doll10 product I like - but I do like nudestyx, so I have been using them.

Contributor

I would like to know when they started using eyeliner in the waterline again?  We were doin that in the 80's until it became a fasion faux pas.

Valued Contributor

Rhema - Not to mention nasty eye infections you could potentially get or trying to remove it from the waterline without getting eye makeup remover in your eyes!
Honored Contributor

People never stopped putting liner on the waterline.  It's a look some like and a look some don't.  I know many, many women who have always done that.

Personally I think it makes the eyes look smaller.  I don't like the look and I have large eyes. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

People never stopped putting liner on the waterline.  It's a look some like and a look some don't.  I know many, many women who have always done that.

Personally I think it makes the eyes look smaller.  I don't like the look and I have large eyes. 

@Lipstickdiva

I agree.  I also only line the outer third of my lower lashline but I'm seeing more people in makeup tutorials line all the way across now.  I've tried that but didn't like the look on me.  I guess it's all a personal preference but you're right, I believe both make eyes look smaller.

Trusted Contributor

@Texasmouse   I believe that when you rescue an animal, especially cats and dogs, they know they have been rescued and they are thankful to you for it.  Thank you for taking that chance on rescuing Lily,  She is very grateful to you and loves you.  My Sophie and Lily were rescues also and yes, they do each have their own unique personalities.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that contouring and luminizers (highlighters) are going anywhere. I just think that every line has come out with one so the market is saturated.

I think that NYX has a great one. Very user friendly for those that don't really how too. I am not into completely contouring my face in a Kardashian type of way, I don't know how those girls don't get grossed out by the sheer amount of foundation and contouring they wear alone. I would feel so masked. However it takes just about 30 seconds in a couple or key locations to get a really polished looked. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It does make the eyes look smaller @Lipstickdiva and I can remember in high school lighting my Wet N Wild black liner and putting on my water line not realizing that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK