Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Products On Their Way Out!

Suave macadamia and White Orchid  had an oil spray that is discontinued so I bought a large amount on amazon. The shampoo is also hard to find 

Esteemed Contributor

I could be wrong, but I've always thought the highlighting and contouring craze came from HD TV and actors/actresses and newscasters trying to look younger with perfectly shaped faces.  To me, most of them look like clowns with alternating stripes of glittery and dark colors.  Then the whole highlighting/contouring thing spilled over to the rest of us.  Some mastered the look and some didn't.  I didn't.  I gave it my best shot but always looked striped.  

Matte lipsticks never appealed to me so never even tried one.   I kind of hope you're right, @grammarqueen.  Both of these trends can go away -- far away.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think either (matte lip or contouring) is on the way out.

Unless you are doing print photography...the trick to highlighting and sculpting is to use the softest of brushes.

Q hosts & beauty vendors (either them or their makeup "artists") take everything out of proportion.

I wouldn't use a dark lip color in matte, though.

Honored Contributor

matte and liquid matte lip products work better for me now because they stay on the lip vs. traveling on those lip lines, like a cream based.

Love them, only looking at those now 

Honored Contributor

Call me crazy, but it seems to me that there's a shake-up in the BB/CC cream world.  BB cream was the next big thing, then CC cream appeared, then some companies started experimenting with new creams with other combinations of letters just to confuse us.

Now that the dust has settled, CC creams seem to be dwindling.  Personally, I was having better luck with the CC cream because so many of the BB creams just weren't getting it right.

That was one trend I liked.  Don't phase out the CC creams.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

All I've been seeing when I read about make-up trends are matte lipsticks.  Some mattes work for me and some are just too drying.  I have to find the right formula. 

I have never been a fan of the highlighting or contouring.  But that as been going on for years.   My SIL was married in 2003 and a couple of the ladies in her wedding party had their make-up professionally done. They showed up with way too much highlighting and it stood out even more in the pictures. They looked like glitter balls. 

I've also never liked the idea of putting highlighter or a light eyeshadow color in the corner of the eyes.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.   

Trusted Contributor

@Texasmouse    Your Lily is adorable.  I have two cats and one of them is named Lily.  My Lily is gray and white, and I also have a tabby tiger named Sophie.  Both of mine are rescues also.  Thanks for sharing your Lily! 

Respected Contributor

@sophiesofers

My pleasure! I was a little hesitant to take in a stray cat, not knowing what to expect, but she has been such a joy. She has enriched our lives and we're really enjoying her. She's so affectionate too... it's almost as if she's grateful to us for giving her a home! Woman Wink I bet your Lily and Sophie are wonderful pets too and that they have their distinct personalities.  Smiley Wink

(Apologies to the OP  - don't mean to hijack this thread!)

Respected Contributor

I would look like the KISS of DEATH hit me if I wore a matt lipstick LOL! Goth comes to mind not to mention drying....my lips have to be very moisturized at all times.

I hope the highlighting/bronzing thing isn't leaving....I finally found a product that I can actually use with my ultra fair skin...IT has one I love...ombre...I use just a tiny bit and I have gotten compliments on my "skin" not my makeup!  

Esteemed Contributor

They don't seem to be on their way out around here.

I don't use matte lip products, but I like to use just a little contour in a couple of places.  Highlighting is nice too, but I don't do well with the shimmery kind.

I like Elf's cream contour palette.  Maybelline has a contour and highlight stick that I like, but I would prefer to have the colors in two different sticks.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org