Honored Contributor

Just wondering what do you think of products that are sold by a website that is exclusive to them? Nordstrom does this often, there is a Bobbi Brown eyeshadow palette that is exclusive to them. I don't have a Nordstrom store near me so I would buy it sight unseen. I don't like being restricted to buying something at only one website (Ulta and Sephora do this too). I like to have options of where to buy something, maybe get it when I get a promo code for something off (Nordstrom never sends out discount codes).

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Product Exclusives

It sounds like you dislike Nordstrom. If you change your mind, they have free ship and free returns. And free samples. All good 

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

It sounds like you dislike Nordstrom. If you change your mind, they have free ship and free returns. And free samples. All good 

@scatcat, no I do like Nordstrom. I like to save money as well as the next person, I like when Sephora and Ulta both offer coupons for a percentage off, Nordstrom doesn't do that.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@scatcat, no I do like Nordstrom. I like to save money as well as the next person, I like when Sephora and Ulta both offer coupons for a percentage off, Nordstrom doesn't do that.

@Jordan2  Since the BB site, or nowhere else, is offering the palette, it’s a question of how badly you want it. At Nordstrom’s 1/2 Yearly Sales there are many discounts on exclusive beauty sets and products. If you’re questioning the palette itself, BB shadows are great. Good color payoff and little fallout. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@Jordan2  Since the BB site, or nowhere else, is offering the palette, it’s a question of how badly you want it. At Nordstrom’s 1/2 Yearly Sales there are many discounts on exclusive beauty sets and products. If you’re questioning the palette itself, BB shadows are great. Good color payoff and little fallout. 

@Shanus, I'm very impulsive, it's not like I need it. I can start shopping at Sephora tomorrow and get 15% off. Hopefully I'll be able to find something I want!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind when items are exclusive to a certain store.  Some are very good values especially kits.  I would try anything from Nordstrom since I can easily return with their label.  Costs zero.  I don't shop at their store in person since it is too far from me.  Same with items from Sephora.  No cost to return.   I look around for exclusives that are a good value.   I will say lately QVC has been having some cosmetic items that are almost buy one, get one free.  I will order those, but I'm being more cautious with my ordering.  Price of shipping and returns is way too high.