Respected Contributor

Beauty New Years Resolutions -- what are yours???

Anyone have any? I have a few:

1. Buy less. I don't need anything of anything. I'm stocked up and good to go. 

2. Shop my stash (ties in to #1) -- I have this acrylic tray and I've put numerous products on there, including samples, and I have to use at least 3 items from the tray every day. After a week or two, I'll go through and keep things I love and get rid of things that are meh. I'm actually enjoying this - have been doing for a couple of weeks. 

3. Declutter (ties in to #2) -- already went through and got rid of lots of items. I would say my stash/beauty collection (skincare & MU) is 50% of what it was this time last year. I still have more than any sane human ever would need, but I feel much better about it, and I've gotten it to a workable stage. I don't have so much that I'm forgetting about or not using a lot of items, but I still have the variety I prefer. 

4. Find HG's.-- I have plenty when it comes to several areas, but foundation/powder/primer is still up for grabs. I have several options in each category, so what I did was print out a calendar, and every day I write down what combo of products I wear (takes 10 seconds). Then, at the end of the day, I rate them based upon how they look, feel, wear, etc. I'll probably try to do one foundation for an entire week and see what combo works best, then go from there. I kind of like the data collection and expirementation aspect of this one. Lol! 

Does anyone else have any Beauty Resolutions? Oh, and drinking water, that's another one that totally ties into my skin and overall appearance. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty New Years Resolutions -- what are yours???

Never purchase an advanced order product. Marketing ploy? I like to wait until the reviews are in.  I am very suspect when products are offered this way. WHY? If something is that wonderful why is it advance order. The reviews who I have learned to rely on will get the word out. Can anyone explain it to me.

Also, i do not listen to consumer results surveys...only clinical studies. Big difference.

Esteemed Contributor

Stop watching stupid youtube videos by self professed glamoristas.

I don't bake, use 4 shades of shadow and I shun the smokey eye day look.

Like I have a real life. I want to get ready & head out the door asap.

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Stop watching stupid youtube videos by self professed glamoristas.

I don't bake, use 4 shades of shadow and I shun the smokey eye day look.

Like I have a real life. I want to get ready & head out the door asap.

Add to that the highlighting and contouring and drawing the perfect brow... Who has time??

Honored Contributor

Using up eyeshadows, mascaras and lipsticks from my stash.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I'm going to keep up with the highlights  I got before Christmas. I like my new look, I guess you're never too old to try something new.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I'm paring down in a major way as far as my body products go. I'm using goat milk soaps and lotions instead of the Bath and Body Works stuff I had used in the past and I'm LOVING the way my skin feels! Also trying to use reusable products like makeup remover towels (Campanelli) instead of the disposable ones and using wool dryer balls instead of dryer sheets. Both are better for the skin (no chemicals) and for the environment because they don't go in the landfill!

Honored Contributor

Stayin' alive.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@FUTURE I purchased Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil today.  I used this years ago after I showered and applied to damp skin so I decided to try it again for the new year.  Also, stop buying lipsticks until I use up what I have.  I love lipstick and I am always looking for that perfect shade.  I have a few favorites right now -- Laura Mercier - Brown Sugar and Healthy Lips and Bobbi Brown's BrownCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

To not buy one more "beauty" product!!!! If I really think I need it I will go to Ulta or Sephora and look before buying! Not to believe the "hype" on one more beauty product. I am convinced that the only way to rid ones face of fine lines and wrinkles is to visit a plastic surgeon. Yes, products can soften ones fine wrinkles. But to get rid of deep wrinkles.....I don't think so. Just my thoughts not to offend anyone. Happy New Year.