Honored Contributor

I didn't have any beauty mistakes as far as makeup.  

But for a 9th grade May Dance, my older sister, who was a good seamstress, made my gown.

Problem was, the darts around the b00bs were all wrong.  One was flat as a pancake and the other was a full (negative) A cup. 

Woman LOL

I kept my arms folded the entire night and I bet I looked like I dared someone dance with me.

Valued Contributor

In the early '90's I decided to cut my hair from shoulder length into a bob. I kept cutting and cutting it shorter and shorter and wound up shaving the back of my neck.  It looked HORRIBLE.  i had to go to work the next day and was so mortified, I went around telling my co-workers that I had gotten a bad haircut at some salon on 14th Street in NY (not that they even cared, but I felt like everyone was looking at my awful haircut and I just made it worse by bringing it to their attention).  When I told my boss, he said "Well, it does look a little strange . . ."  I was too embarrassed to go to a professional and have it fixed, so I had to just let it grow out.  

My friend and I joked for many years about the phantom salon on 14th Street.  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

My parents met in Germany Smiley Happy

I don't think they were pleased at first but accepted it/him.  They said we were "unequally yoked".  They love him now.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

I didn't wear any makeup in my senior picture.  So unlike me!  What was I thinking?

You weren't LOL

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@beach-mom 

My parents met in Germany Smiley Happy

I don't think they were pleased at first but accepted it/him.  They said we were "unequally yoked".  They love him now.

Oh my goodness @monicakm! We have that in common! My parents lived in the same apartment building for almost three years and were part of the "American" group there. One of them was coming back home and they realized they'd better do something about their friendship that was more. They both ended up in D.C., where they eventually eloped. No one had heard anything about my dad. 

My mom was an identical twin. She wrote to her sister, and told her the whole story. She also told her she was writing to their parents. My grandmother was not the most agreeable person, so my aunt called my grandfather and gave him advance warning. It was too late - the letter had arrived. I don't think my two uncles knew anything. One was still in college, and ended up also eloping with someone nobody knew existed years later! 

My grandmother wouldn't speak to my father until after  I was born!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

There is a Monday Night Movie somewhere in that scenario Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Mistakes

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Does anyone have a picture to post?

@San Antonio Gal 

Sorry, no photo of my tanning bed hives. My mother took a picture of me after my disastrous salon cut and perm. I think it's in a photo album somewhere, but no way I'm posting it. I should probably find it and shred it.