Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Makeovers - have you had any and if so, were you pleased?

@Katcat1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1,   Origins might be another to consider.  I am not 100% sure but you can look into it.

@Katcat1

Thanks --- I will check it out! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

Yes it was wonderful . There are a few things you can try, sometimes if you do a search of makeup artist  in your area you can find some freelance ones sometime hair salons know  artist they work with for weddings etc. If they are not tied to a particular brand there may not be a pressure to buy products . Also if you do book an appointment at a dept store  you can ask if you can bring your products especially if there is something that works for you.The biggest lesson  I learned  was that I had a good idea of what worked for me as far as color and texture , but it was just the placement of where I put the products ( concealer and blush ) that was off.  I am sure you will have fun .

@marmarbrooklyn

Good ideas!  As far as makeup, I am really not thrilled with anything I am using so I am open to all suggestions.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Well....its been about 5 yrs since I did...but I had both done at Macy's.

one was with Estee' Lauder. They used SO much product on me and i think they expected me to buy all of it after I was done.

A MAC rep did everyones make-up for my daughters wedding. I think she did a great job and we all looked great. My eyebows were a little darker than I like, but I didn't leave looking like Tammy Faye Bakker......

I too had an Estée Lauder makeover several years ago and this girl also put on way to much glop. I looked like I was wearing a mask. Not only was it a shade or two off it accentuated flaws. Then she copped an attitude when I didn’t buy anything.  I told her I wanted to walk around for awhile and when I got into my car yikes, I looked horrible. Got home and washed it all off. 

@Meowingkitty

Sounds like she was trying to do your makeup like her makeup!  Maybe that is all she really knew how to do!  That's too bad.  Leave looking worse than when you went in!  

@AngelPuppy1  It’s always a good idea to seek out a counter or artist whose makeup look is similar to what you’re looking to achieve. If they’re overdone and look like Halloween, run the other way! 😄

@Shanus

I am very fair and old (65) and I never see any makeup people around here who look like me, but I will just hope for the best when I go.  

Honored Contributor

I had a makeover many years ago when I was only in my 20's from a local department store. Things were different back then. Mine was done by a teenager that didn't know what she was doing. I remember walking out looking like a freak. I couldn't wait to get to the nearest sink to wash my face. I've never attempted to get another. 

"Pure Michigan"