Super Contributor

I was looking for the Beauty IQ channel on my cable network, it's still there but regular QVC programming is on it. Checked the homepage of QVC to see what they show about the channel. Found out it is going to be used as a gift guide channel thru 12/2/18! Really, 3 channels of programming of the same stuff over and over and over . . . Definite burnout!

Honored Contributor

@colover wrote:

I was looking for the Beauty IQ channel on my cable network, it's still there but regular QVC programming is on it. Checked the homepage of QVC to see what they show about the channel. Found out it is going to be used as a gift guide channel thru 12/2/18! Really, 3 channels of programming of the same stuff over and over and over . . . Definite burnout!

@colover  It seems like you already have your answer since you read on the website that the Beauty iQ channel is All Gifts until Dec. 2.  All retail makes upwards of 80% of their annual sales during the holiday sales push.  So it's no surprise that QVC is trying different approaches for selling thru the holidays.  

Two more weeks and they'll be back to Beauty on that channel. 

I wonder if the Dec. 2 coincides with the new hosts coming on air, which will mean more live gift programming on the QVC2 channel.

Trusted Contributor

I'm disappointed too.  I was watching more of that channel than usual in order to escape the endless "gift" shows and the hallmark and other channels non-stop Xmas movies.

Occasional Contributor

Ok, so all week, 1-21-19 thru 1-27-19 there is only cooking shows on this channel. What's the deal? Where is my beauty??

Trusted Contributor

Hi, it seems they're going to show other programs too. They've been showing snippets from beauty items from regular QVC, whatever comes after that QVC show ususally airs on IQ.

I hope they go back to full beauty, I mean they have QVC, QVC2 for regular items, including beauty.  

I would like to see an all kitchen channel too, but that would take too much away from QVC, probably lose sales of non kitchen items from the lead into and after kitchen shows.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
New Contributor

Right?! My thoughts exactly!

New Contributor

I meant to reply to bring back the Beautyig not the kitchen shows, there is room enough on the 2 other stations.  I like the beauty, the fashion, the shoes (although everything is just so expensive, I have been watching for over 20 years and boy have things changed) BUT I digress. I just want my Beauty IQ back!

Occasional Visitor
Skittle looks like you got your wish. All kitchen on the beauty IQ channel for now.
Occasional Contributor

I want Beauty IQ back, these shows are now getting boring!  I like cooking with David on QVC abut please don’t interrupt our beauty Chanel please stop experimenting,