Honored Contributor

Beauty Customer Choice Awards

I'm sitting here watching the QVC Beauty Awards encore show.  If QVC wanted to really know what the customer choices are, they wouldn't limit the options under each category for us to choose.  They would leave it open for us to write in what we want (obviously it would need to be a product they sell).  That would be a truer representation of the real winners and they would still be able record the results, even if it's not a multiple choice answer.

As long as they limit the option to select only what they want us to select, then it really isn't a true "customer choice" award; it's more of a "what QVC wants to sell" award.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Customer Choice Awards

@SurferWife  - With all the complaints over the past few years about Mally's makeup not being what it used to be, etc., I was surprised her shadow sticks won.  Then, again, it's probably as you say "what QVC wants to sell" not necessarily what the customer thinks is a good product.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife 

I agree. Cat Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure they know who will "win" ahead of time. It is just another sales pitch. 

I don't watch or pay attention to who wins.

Super Contributor

@SurferWife 

I watched for a little while and 99% of them I've never tried and 50% I'd never heard of.

Esteemed Contributor

They have always been rigged IMO.  Even years ago the limited selection was a laugh.  Still, nice to see everyone dressed up.

Honored Contributor

Don't they always say that they have their TSV's lined up way ahead of time?  How come the TSV is always a winner.  You knew Laura Geller was going to be a winner of something because of her having the TSV that day.  

I really doubt there is legitimacy in the actual winners.  It is just another promotional, annual event.  JT should get an award for her acting.  She is opening the envelope for the winner, a surprised look on her face as she reads it, and all the time the winner is standing a couple feet away from her.

Get the hook........

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

@SurferWife wrote:

I'm sitting here watching the QVC Beauty Awards encore show.  If QVC wanted to really know what the customer choices are, they wouldn't limit the options under each category for us to choose.  They would leave it open for us to write in what we want (obviously it would need to be a product they sell).  That would be a truer representation of the real winners and they would still be able record the results, even if it's not a multiple choice answer.

As long as they limit the option to select only what they want us to select, then it really isn't a true "customer choice" award; it's more of a "what QVC wants to sell" award.

@SurferWife   I stopped watching years ago because I realized it was not based on customers's choices, but rather the best sellers so Q could "cash in". Not an honest way to do business. 

Respected Contributor

What makes a product a customer choice? I don't understand what customer choice would be if not the products that sell the most.

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

What makes a product a customer choice? I don't understand what customer choice would be if not the products that sell the most.

@Iwantcoffee  - Well that's a good point.  Hadn't thought of it that way.  QVC chooses products to list on the survery based on which products sell the most.  How else is the Q going to list a product in the Customer Chocie Awards if they don't go by the most popular, best selling products?  Those obviously are the "customer choice" products.