Honored Contributor

Beauty Buzz Words for 2018 Mask and Charcoal

Everything now days is a mask, but I object if they call a cream you leave on your face all day a mask.  And charcoal is in everything.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Buzz Words for 2018 Mask and Charcoal

@depglass wrote:

Everything now days is a mask, but I object if they call a cream you leave on your face all day a mask.  And charcoal is in everything.  

@depglass. Many of the newer skincare ideas are coming from Korea...double cleansing, masks (the ones you put on your face w/  holes for nose & eyes). 

IMO, if you have clogged pores and require deep cleansing, exfoliating is just as efficient. Extra hydration can be achieved by using a heavier moisturizer. Masks are another product to purchase promoted by who else? The skincare companies.

Honored Contributor

Masks are mostly target treatments designed for one, or maybe a few, skin issue(s) and are usually left on the face for a short amount of time like about 10 to 15 minutes then removed. Personally, I don't find the need to use them often because I have no specific issue that needs treating. Occasionally I use a charcoal-clay mask to help clear out pores...a weekly thing if I can remember to do it.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Masks are mostly target treatments designed for one, or maybe a few, skin issue(s) and are usually left on the face for a short amount of time like about 10 to 15 minutes then removed. Personally, I don't find the need to use them often because I have no specific issue that needs treating. Occasionally I use a charcoal-clay mask to help clear out pores...a weekly thing if I can remember to do it.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee  I recently added glycolic peel pads to my regimen. Will let y’all know if I see a difference.

Honored Contributor

I use glycolic treatment pads, too. @Shanus I like the 20% Glycolix Elite brand. I swipe 'em on and don't rinse. Just go to bed and wake up with glowing skin.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use glycolic treatment pads, too. @Shanus I like the 20% Glycolix Elite brand. I swipe 'em on and don't rinse. Just go to bed and wake up with glowing skin.

@SilleeMee  The pads I purchased need to rinsed off after several minutes...fine w/ me since skin is sensitive & would “worry” all night if I’d wake up w/ a burned face.