Contributor

Hi ladies! Just wondering have any of you ever tried any of the montly beauty box subscriptions? Ipsy, Birchbox, Sephora Play? I thought joining one of them might be a fun way to experiment with some newer brands before purchasing, have you any of you had an experinces? 

Honored Contributor

I did a few times but really did not care for them. Always received products or colors I would not use. 

I rather buy one from Target or Wal-Mart where I can see what's in the box & have a choice if I want to buy it or not. Target has their monthly box available but not sure if it has sold out or not.

They have some in store & online just check their sites for them.

Honored Contributor

I was receiving the Ipsy box but stopped.  There were too many products I did not care for and was either giving away or tossing.  Despite filling out preferences, this kept happening.  

Even though the subscription was only $10.00, I realized if I saw a bag on the store shelf, filled with the products I was receiving, I wouldn't spend the $10.00.  I'd rather save up the $10.00 and buy something I'd use.

Honored Contributor

@ame1027 wrote:

Hi ladies! Just wondering have any of you ever tried any of the montly beauty box subscriptions? Ipsy, Birchbox, Sephora Play? I thought joining one of them might be a fun way to experiment with some newer brands before purchasing, have you any of you had an experinces? 

@ame1027, I got maybe 2 Ipsy boxes, they had brands I wasn't familiar with. I subscribed to the Allure Beauty Box, but cancelled after 2 boxes also. I then subscribed to Sephora Play and stayed with that for a year and cancelled it. They had deluxe sizes of products and often duplicated products in the various boxes. The most recent box I was getting was the Macy's box which I got for 2 months. I will say it is fun getting a box full of surprises, but they are nothing more than deluxe sizes, often products I don't use and end up giving away. I now save my money and buy a full size product of something I want.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I was receiving the Ipsy box but stopped.  There were too many products I did not care for and was either giving away or tossing.  Despite filling out preferences, this kept happening.  

Even though the subscription was only $10.00, I realized if I saw a bag on the store shelf, filled with the products I was receiving, I wouldn't spend the $10.00.  I'd rather save up the $10.00 and buy something I'd use.

Agreeing with @Lipstickdiva and @Nightowlz, when you look at the online unboxing videos for Sephora Play or Ipsy, say to yourself, would you spend $10 on these products?  Most brands that I would like to try, I can try them from Sephora or Ulta for free. Many times they give you trial size samples (same size as Ipsy or Sephora play) when you order certain amount.  Many tiimes a year (mostly around Thanksgiving time), Ulta will have a sale which when you buy $70 worth of products, they give you a 40pc-50pc sample sizes items in a bag.  That is much better deal than any beauty boxes. That is where I get most of my samples from.  I occasionally buy Target Beauty Boxes if I see anything I like.  I like those beauty boxes that you can see what you are getting. I used to suscribe to Walmart Beauty Box, but I cancelled it, because after a while, you start getting repeating products.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I had the same experience with Sephora Play. It was fun, but the majority of the time I was getting products I had no interest in and that was no fun.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Boxes

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Agreeing with @Lipstickdiva and @Nightowlz, when you look at the online unboxing videos for Sephora Play or Ipsy, say to yourself, would you spend $10 on these products?  Most brands that I would like to try, I can try them from Sephora or Ulta for free. Many times they give you trial size samples (same size as Ipsy or Sephora play) when you order certain amount.  Many tiimes a year (mostly around Thanksgiving time), Ulta will have a sale which when you buy $70 worth of products, they give you a 40pc-50pc sample sizes items in a bag.  That is much better deal than any beauty boxes. That is where I get most of my samples from.  I occasionally buy Target Beauty Boxes if I see anything I like.  I like those beauty boxes that you can see what you are getting. I used to suscribe to Walmart Beauty Box, but I cancelled it, because after a while, you start getting repeating products.

@momoftwo2007

Wal-Mart has some in our store plus online. They are $10 with several to pick from. It's different then the monthly beauty box subscription they have. They are called Beauty Favorite Boxes. Looks like the only one left online is the Love My Curls Box. You would have to check your local stores to see what's available. You can see the boxes they had on My Subscription Addiction site.

Super Contributor

I surscribe to the Allure Box and have received about six so far. I've really enjoyed them and share with my 13 year old granddaughter. Good size product samples and gives us an opportunity to try new products without investing a lot of money.  I recently enrolled my granddaughter in the ipsy boxes and she should be receiving her first one anyday.  I think they are fun, but may tire of them after several months.  In any case its just a month to month commitment.

Respected Contributor

i just got my second box from ipsy.  so far i have gotten 2 pen type eyeliners that i like. and a full size smashbox concealer.  only 2 items so far that were "throw aways"

Contributor

Thanks you all for your replies! I appreciate it & I didn't know about some of the other Beauty Boxes out there, so many options! I appreciate all you feedback, have a wonderful day.