Respected Contributor

Give it a try. I rarely use mine anymore mainly because I like the brushes that come with Doll 10 and some of the other foundations I’m using.  I also have those super expensive flat ones, but don’t really use them either. 

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I threw out my Beauty Blender the other day.  I'm ready for another one but have seen some good comments about Real Ttechniques and wondered about that.  I bought the Beauty Blender when I saw a presentation by former QVC host Patti Reilly.  I liked it and found it better than any other sponge or brush I've tried.  I threw it out because I'd had it for a while and felt it was just ready to be replaced.

@wildcat fan I've also heard good things about the Real Techniques sponges but haven't tried one yet as my beauty blender is still okay. I hope someone who has used both will comment on how they compare. 

Honored Contributor

From what I read about the comparison of the BB to RT sponge is that people like the flat side of the RT sponge better for some applications. Other than that, they compare pretty closely.

Respected Contributor
I have both brands and find them to be exactly the same. I do feel the Real Techniques one last a little longer. I have two of each. Also I love the mini’s. Use them with my concealer to touch up my darker spots on my face.
Esteemed Contributor

I clean my makeup sponges with Dr Bronner's unscented liquid castile soap and warm water as that gets them very clean. I find that regular liquid facial cleansers don't do a good job removing foundation from sponges but Dr Bronner's soap does! I learned about using Dr Bronner's liquid soap to clean sponges and makeup brushes from youtube beauty influencer Tina, aka The Fancy Face.

I have been seeing Real Techniques beauty sponges at Winners in Canada the last 6 months or so where they are quite a bit cheaper than London Drugs which also carries them. The one Real Techniques sponge I don't like is their duo orange and pink sponge as it's glued together and can deteriorate easily if washed too vigorously.

I'm buying black makeup sponges at Winners (which is owned by TJX, the parent company of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) since the black sponges don't look as dirty when used as some lighter color sponges which I've used before but it's up to you what sponge you like and use.

I would like to try the NYX black blender sponge too.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

I have always wanted to try the beauty blender. 

I was always hesitant to try it thinking that my brushes were better. Even bought the Clarisonic foundation brush. Wasn't happy with my makeup as of late so gave the BB a try. I am sold! Some people actually use it dry to give more of a full coverage. I tried that but prefer using the sponge damp. As far as cleaning it, I use Dawn dish liquid and it comes perfectly clean. I usually clean mine everyday. Once a week I put some a drop of Dawn in a measuring cup, fill with water and put my BB in. Microwave on high for 60 seconds and it disinfects it. It is safe to do this BTW.

Honored Contributor

There is a cleaning liquid made by the Beauty Blender co to clean brushes and the sponge that works so well! I ordered a big bottle from Nordys. Works great.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity--go to TJ Maxx and find Ecco tools beauty blender for under $4---works just as well and so much less expensive.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity--go to TJ Maxx and find Ecco tools beauty blender for under $4---works just as well and so much less expensive.

Research before buying anything. QVC weekly value price is reasonable.

Placed my order yesterday, excited receiving. Season Greetings! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

I have always wanted to try the beauty blender. 

I was always hesitant to try it thinking that my brushes were better. Even bought the Clarisonic foundation brush. Wasn't happy with my makeup as of late so gave the BB a try. I am sold! Some people actually use it dry to give more of a full coverage. I tried that but prefer using the sponge damp. As far as cleaning it, I use Dawn dish liquid and it comes perfectly clean. I usually clean mine everyday. Once a week I put some a drop of Dawn in a measuring cup, fill with water and put my BB in. Microwave on high for 60 seconds and it disinfects it. It is safe to do this BTW.

Thanks! I ordered- special value set. Two plus the cleaner/ free shipping.