Trusted Contributor

I watched this presentation last night on HSN that I had DVR'd.   Beauty Bioscience GloPRO is micro-needle technology.  I remember discussions on this last board maybe last year on this topic.  The rollers were probably at the most $25.  This roller does have LED right light technology but is it really worth $200? 

So, I would also like to know if anyone does do micro-needling or derma rolling does it work?  Do you see an improvement from it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Bioscience GloPro

@MrsCat21 wrote:

I watched this presentation last night on HSN that I had DVR'd.   Beauty Bioscience GloPRO is micro-needle technology.  I remember discussions on this last board maybe last year on this topic.  The rollers were probably at the most $25.  This roller does have LED right light technology but is it really worth $200? 

So, I would also like to know if anyone does do micro-needling or derma rolling does it work?  Do you see an improvement from it?

I was wondering the samething as I see they are having another Today's Special.  Has anyone tried this and does it really work?

Honored Contributor

Punching little holes in your face stimulates your body's natural response to repair itself. Unfortunately I keloid so it would be a disaster of epic proportions!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Glopro roller is an exfoliating-type roller. It is similar to Rodan & Fields roller in that it only treats the outermost (dead layer) of the skin. This is supposed to "condition" the skin so that products will absorb easier. I haven't been able to find the size needles used on this roller but if it's an exfoliating-type then the size is around 0.2 to 0.25mm.

This size will not stimulate collagen production in the skin. The LED light imo is a gimmick....I say this because when it's used as directed the amount of time the LED is on your skin is not enough to stimulate collagen production or anything else for that matter. Save your money. Just buy a good quality 0.5mm roller and this book: 

Holistic Microneedling by Anthony Kingston. This book will truly open you eyes to rolling and you will learn how to do it properly.

Trusted Contributor

I did a search for reveiws outside of HSN, and there are not many.

I found one article that called it a "micro-trauma" tool, not a "microderm tool".

I did find one review where a lady broke out in big red welts on her face, and her face was burning. Someone responded "well it says in the directions your face will be red, but not big welts!". I notice they have not said in the demo "this WILL make your face red for a bit".

I am not sure the price on this product is worth it. You also have to replace the roller every 3 months. Probably because the tiny needles get dull. Replacement heads are $25.00.

I watched the demo a few times now (because I am usually a sucker for stuff like this), but now that I have researched it, I am going to pass.  I think there could be a big chance of infection, seeing as you are literally puncturing your skin. JMO, but I don't want a tool that I have to keep buying heads for (#1), and risk of infection is not something I want to be worried about (#2).

My neighbor just spent 6 weeks in the hospital with sepsis from knicking her leg while shaving. That was accidental. This tool is opening the skin intentionally.

They are selling it on the premise that your serums will go deeper, but I just don't see that the "vertical channel" would be that much deeper than just a good exfoliation and put serums/lotions/potions on right away.

I have a red light LED tool and that does work, & it is soothing, etc. BUT, it only works if you use it all the time, and I forget to use it.

Honored Contributor

I'm passing on it too.  

Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I did a search for reveiws outside of HSN, and there are not many.

I found one article that called it a "micro-trauma" tool, not a "microderm tool".

I did find one review where a lady broke out in big red welts on her face, and her face was burning. Someone responded "well it says in the directions your face will be red, but not big welts!". I notice they have not said in the demo "this WILL make your face red for a bit".

I am not sure the price on this product is worth it. You also have to replace the roller every 3 months. Probably because the tiny needles get dull. Replacement heads are $25.00.

I watched the demo a few times now (because I am usually a sucker for stuff like this), but now that I have researched it, I am going to pass.  I think there could be a big chance of infection, seeing as you are literally puncturing your skin. JMO, but I don't want a tool that I have to keep buying heads for (#1), and risk of infection is not something I want to be worried about (#2).

My neighbor just spent 6 weeks in the hospital with sepsis from knicking her leg while shaving. That was accidental. This tool is opening the skin intentionally.

They are selling it on the premise that your serums will go deeper, but I just don't see that the "vertical channel" would be that much deeper than just a good exfoliation and put serums/lotions/potions on right away.

I have a red light LED tool and that does work, & it is soothing, etc. BUT, it only works if you use it all the time, and I forget to use it.

Oh I am so glad you ladies are also passing on this I need to change the Chanel and save my money for Botox 🙄Beeeeecause that and fillers do work - whyyyyy am I such a sucker ha ha ha !

Contributor

I do own this tool and am so pleased with the results I ordered another today.  I saw results within a week.  My husband even noticed how great my skin looked.  Give it a try you have until the end of Jan to return it but I dont think you will.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Glopro roller is an exfoliating-type roller. It is similar to Rodan & Fields roller in that it only treats the outermost (dead layer) of the skin. This is supposed to "condition" the skin so that products will absorb easier. I haven't been able to find the size needles used on this roller but if it's an exfoliating-type then the size is around 0.2 to 0.25mm.

This size will not stimulate collagen production in the skin. The LED light imo is a gimmick....I say this because when it's used as directed the amount of time the LED is on your skin is not enough to stimulate collagen production or anything else for that matter. Save your money. Just buy a good quality 0.5mm roller and this book: 

Holistic Microneedling by Anthony Kingston. This book will truly open you eyes to rolling and you will learn how to do it properly.

"Each individual micro-needle is 0.30 mm long and 0.20 mm thick" -- per the item description on the HSN site. I'm definitely interested in microneedling, but will pass on this until I do further research. Thanks for the info on the book, @SilleeMee!!

Trusted Contributor

@GLAMMA wrote:

I do own this tool and am so pleased with the results I ordered another today.  I saw results within a week.  My husband even noticed how great my skin looked.  Give it a try you have until the end of Jan to return it but I dont think you will.

@GLAMMA Does it hurt? Does your face get red?