Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Bash? just more shopping

@shoppingless Seemed like the bash had some good & some bad, I too missed that the vendors didn't go over the contents of our boxes and there seemed like there was technical issues at some points.  

I really enjoyed some of the chats including with Laura Geller & Iman with Amy from HSN.  

Since I think we have a week to watch the rest hopefully it'll be worth our time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It took me an hour to get in. I had to go to a desktop.

I enjoyed the live chats, but they were too "crowded." I wish they had trimmed the numbers of panelists some.

A few of the vendor stands I clicked on did not have a pre-recorded video from the founder. They ALL should have had this. It was like going to a booth with no one home.

My two favorite parts were the interview with Jayne Brown and Laura Geller, and the live chat with Jayne Brown. Both segments were fun and interesting, especially what Jayne likes (I was able to access the very end because of my issues logging on) and Laura's story of her "makeup" life!

I think combining HSN and QVC confused me. I don't watch HSN, so some brands I thought were new had actually been on HSN for a while.

IMO there was too much "what is the future of the cosmetics industry?"

I would have liked to see models applying their own makeup- obviously because of the virus- while the experts TAUGHT us how to do it without a HOST interrupting to say how many are left, how much their celebrity clients love it, etc. I hope it could also give the vendors more TIME to say what they want to say! I would have appreciated that.

I didn't have enough time to visit the rooms between speakers. I didn't visit all of them, so I didn't do well on the final quiz! LOL! 

I didn't see some longtime brands I use.

I did appreciate the chat feature. I asked a question, and the company has already emailed me their answer! 

It wasn't perfect, but with a little polishing if they have to have it virtually again, I think it will be great!  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

A pain in the backside to maneuver and a big "whatever" on prices. The highlight for me was listening to Laura Geller tell about her start in the business. I just deleted the link.

Valued Contributor

Beauty Bash Biggly Borefest.
Trusted Contributor

I didn't even try.  I am happy with the box of items! 
Not interested in watching videos.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I had some of the same experiences as the rest of you.

I carefully watched the tutorial for the Bash. Sometimes I have trouble navigating a website and I'll miss seeing something, so I wanted to make sure that I understood how to find my way around.

I couldn't get the little light bulbs to work either, for the "hints" for the game.

I didn't realize it was going to be clicking on little buttons that would take us to vendor products for purchase, either.

I was confused too, and I was expecting that there would be more demos. on how to use the products that came in our boxes?

Honored Contributor

Well I forgot about the whole thing so didn't watch---wasn't really interested in it anyway--but the box was pretty good---will use all but those nasty self tanners--they got dumped right away.

Contributor

I loved the box I received and have no complaints about that, but never got in. I did not read anywhere that you had to use a desktop/laptop to get in. How many people actually have those nowadays. I tried on my iphone and Ipad and it kept telling me to use Chrome+. Terrible idea to not be able to use a mobile device. I gave up 

Honored Contributor

I bought the beauty box for the products not to watch the show. I actually forgot it was on and didn't see it. 

Trusted Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@shoppingless Seemed like the bash had some good & some bad, I too missed that the vendors didn't go over the contents of our boxes and there seemed like there was technical issues at some points.  

I really enjoyed some of the chats including with Laura Geller & Iman with Amy from HSN.  

Since I think we have a week to watch the rest hopefully it'll be worth our time.

Hi @colleena ,

I decided to try and go back in again after Saturday to see if I could access the Bash site and its functions on my computer.

I'm glad that I did go back, since all of the features were then working on my computer without any issues. The little lightbulbs were also working.

I also didn't know that I didn't have a "Notifications" button in the Bash Lobby area on Saturday. I saw it on Sunday when I went back.

So, when I was there on Saturday, things were not fully working for me. My computer kept freezing up on and off, and it wouldn't work properly for the Bash.

But like I said, if any of you had any problems with things working properly too, I would encourage you to go back now and give everything another try again to see if things work again for you, too. Smiley Happy

You can still take your time and look at everything that the website has to offer, if you're still interested in doing that.

We can still access the Beauty Bash site through the 25th.