Contributor

Beauty Bash Recap - I can not believe I did it!

Let me start my recap by saying that 2 years ago, I could barely walk the 5 steps from my front door to my mailbox without stopping and gasping for air. The thought of attending an event like the Bash today was not even a dream. As I sit here tonight (albeit knees throbbing), I can not believe that I was able to stand and walk for over three hours...I remember 2 years ago just standing online to buy a Xmas gift at toys r us and bursting into tears from the pain - today, I walked from booth to booth...there was some sitting for treatments, but other than that I was on the go...and smiling (maybe I was on a cosmetics high). Losing 200 lbs has let me participate in LIFE again - and today was proof positive!

So here is my recap:

My sister and I left Sat afternoon after my nephews birthday party. We drove to West Chester and checked into our hotel, quickly changed and met the Donna, the lovely lady who made it possible for us to attend the bash and her beautiful daughter and niece for dinner at Carabbas - We had a lively, friendly and wonderful 3 hour dinner filled with laughter and conversation.

Sunday morning, my sister and I had breakfast and headed into the town of West Chester - OMG - is that place beautiful - we are ready to move. It is quaint, historic, upscale and peaceful. It is filled with lovely shops and restaurants. We can not wait to go back.

At about noon, we headed to the Q. Say the sign in front and my sister said I had the same look her kids did when the first saw disneyland. Made her take my picture by the sign (should I use it for my xmas card? LOL) Spent time talking outside to a lovely young man who was a makeup artist for tarte, and saw Dr. Will Kirby (so thin!!), and Chaz taking the dogs for a walk! Then ran right into Donna...we chatted up until 1pm, when it was time for us to go in (Donna went to the am session). We bought some raffle tickets (all to benefit breast cancer research) and headed in!

I made a beeline for Wen to meet Cooper (Hair Today Gone Tomorrow from the boards). Met Kate the QVC model. Cooper was unbelievable. So beautiful - and her hair was the most amazing color and style I have ever seen. She gave me a Wentervention, then walked me over to meet Kate Sommerville - THE Kate Sommerville. Kate did my facial herself, and we really connected and had quite the conversation. She gifted me with a copy of her book, and personally signed it to me. We then went and talked hair extensions with Ken Paves. All of a sudden, my eyes glazed over, and there was Lisa Robertson right in front of me - tall, THIN and with looks to kill - I started stuttering, and she said hi and gave me a kiss. You can tell she loves her job. I can say nothing but nice things about her.

After that we headed to Laura Geller, who was as warm and lovely in person as she appears on TV. she did not even flinch when someone knocked over a vase full of roses she had on display and water spewed everywhere. She just kept smiling and taking pictures. Her son was adorable!

Then we headed to Mally - oh Mally, what can I say. She is the most glamorous person I have ever met. Her team was so talented, and so nice. They made this large 46 yo woman from the burbs feel like a superstar. They look a Polaroid of us, and gave me one. Mally is the person I am on the inside - all sparkly and goodness - someday, my outside will match!

We skimmed over Tina Tarantino - looking fierce with her shocking pink hair, and Hello Kitty, ran smack dab into Albany, said a quick HI, and headed to Ojan. Dennis Simonetti was there - sadly, not my favorite vendor experience. Then stopped by Dr Denise for a skin care evaluation (she was very nice and so knowledgeable). We then had a eye treatment with the Clarasonic Opal and stopped by it cosmetics and for a foundation consultation with Make Up Forever. We scored a Cheryl's cookie (YUM, YUM, YUM) at the QVC app both and listened to the raffles. My sister won one valued at $600 - lots of different products including the whole Perricone line and LaVanilla.

We had about a half and hour left, and tried to get to the tarte booth, but it was still mobbed, so we did a bit of shopping in the studio store.

Regretfully, we left to go get our boxes, and ripped one of them open in the parking lot! LOL Amazing! We then grabbed a bite to eat and headed home to Long Island - got miserably lost...but made it back.

On the ride home we keep commenting on the generosity and hard work of the vendors and about how friendly, respectful and interactive our fellow Bash attendees were. We really enjoyed meeting and speaking to the ladies there and hope we are fortunate enough to go next year.