Valued Contributor

@Claire W t

Welcome, on your question there was a voting ballot page here at QVC, but they had the choices so you could only pick one out of four. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Claire W wrote:

What do the winners receive as prizes?  Do the customers vote through their purchases or by sales figures?

There is a ballot for customers to cast their votes which can be found on QVC.com during the voting period.  The nominees are selected from popular -- hence best selling products in the specific categories.  Only products sold by QVC are elegible to be nominees. You cannot write in a product which they do not sell. What does this amount to?  The contest is a gimmick to run a show which features QVC's best selling beauty products.  I don't really mind that QVC chooses to make this a formal dress affair.  That is a harmless gimmick, and considering how tacky some people come on air (QVC) dressed these days it's refreshing to see everyone dressed up.  

I did not watch start to finish because I was watching the baseball playoffs, but I did click in a couple of times.  I thought Jane Treacy looked stunning.  Her hair was looking it's best.  I may have selected a different dress for her, but it was nice to see Jane wearing something which embraces her hips instead of trying to hide them.  Hips and booty are in as a figure feature, so if you've got it flaunt it.  

Respected Contributor

Hello, MommaJWinNJ. Smiley Happy

I think what probably happens is the beauty products on QVC are chosen as nominees if they sell well throughout the year. Then customers get to vote to who they think will be the best and that product wins.

Of course, I'm just guessing as to how this works. Smiley Tongue

Congratulations to all of the QVC Beauty Award winners and nominees this year. I'm so happy that Nick Chavez won four awards.

And Jane's dress looked stunning.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

Best hair spray - Aqua Net at $1.29 a can. Sorry Nick -

I don't use Nick's but Aqua Net?  Ummm, not for my hair at all.

Trusted Contributor

I found it to be kind of cheesy but also fun in a silly way.  I did find the feathers on Jamie's dress to be rather unfortunate.

Honored Contributor

If IT won a few years in a row for their brow makeup, I hope that is not an indication of the "awards for best beauty."

This morning's presentation .....the models had painted on brows that were anything but natural looking. It kind of amazed me, in fact ,that in the year 2016 we still had people walking around with drawn in painted looking brows. Surely, there has to be a better brow product...

Valued Contributor

Is there a complete list of winners?