Respected Contributor

A  VERY silly show. What's with all the air kissing? Had to change the channel. Nothing new here. 

Trusted Contributor

Best hair spray - Aqua Net at $1.29 a can. Sorry Nick -

Valued Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

Best hair spray - Aqua Net at $1.29 a can. Sorry Nick -

My moms old joke, "The hairspray that can you closer to God than going to church on Sunday". 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty Awards

[ Edited ]

I just find the whole premise behind this award show a complete mockery as well as an insult to their viewers.  Does QVC really believe we don't see the absurdity and mockery surrounding them?  

All I can surmise is that these fabricated "awards" somehow must really increase sales - why else would they make such a big deal over them all the while making the assumption that we are too ignorant to see the pretense behind the entire event and all that leads up to them.

I know of one entry that wasn't even being sold at QVC until after it was nominated?  Now that's genuine, eh?   

Respected Contributor

not the best look for Jane.

Respected Contributor

Re: Beauty Awards

[ Edited ]

@sparklestar wrote:

The show is silly.  I can't believe they come out in gowns to accept an award.  It's not like there is much competition .. same old products year after year.

"Over the top" and "are you serious" come to mind. I guess they do think they are an entertainment channel. Turned it off.

Contributor

What do the winners receive as prizes?  Do the customers vote through their purchases or by sales figures?

Occasional Contributor

Just turned the show on, and as most are saying, the awards are predictable. Jane's dress is beautiful, but it is not made for her shape. But her hair is beautiful tonight. As for Jamie......glad that she does not have her prison matron hairdo-------love the color and style, but oh that dress.........the tight stretchy dresses she always wears show every bulge. I remember how she looked last year at the awards and she was gorgeous in a long gown, with her hair down. Her pink cape is beautiful on her, but the bottom of the dress does not match. I like Jamie, and use mostly IT Cosmetics, but get frustrated with her choices in clothes and hairdos.

Honored Contributor
Enjoying glitzy fun!! Love IT cosmetics. Shopping for my beautiful DIL Luckliy! Purchased eye shadow before it sold out. Love!! The philosophy rep dress.
Contributor

It would be nice is the awards were tied to some public value or service.. They're still selling all through the award show so I must be missing some point as to why this show is special.  I guess announcing the sales figures might be some enormous figures.