Honored Contributor

Where do vendors come up with such things as "de-wrinkle" or "makes your skin go poof."  No matter how you say it, nothing will de-wrinkle or poof up your skin.  LOL.  I just have to laugh.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Analogies

[ Edited ]

I'm right there with ya'!  The "your skin just drinks it in" kills me.  No, my skin absorbs it.  Why does that seem so hard to say?  I would much rather here something like "it absorbs quickly (or nicely, or something else) instead of your skin will drink it in.  My skin doesn't drink.  My mouth does.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I'm right there with ya'!  The "your skin just drinks it in" kills me.  No, my skin absorbs it.  Why does that seem so hard to say?  I would much rather here something like "it absorbs quickly (or nicely, or something else) instead of your skin will drink it in.  My skin doesn't drink.  My mouth does.

The power of words.  The say anything to make us purchase.  I don't care what I'm told about oils either cuz they just sit on your skin making it look greasy, oily, and shiny.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife  - I know you're a major WEN customer. Do you use the WEN oils? Or other beauty brand oils? 

In your experience, do you think all facial oils are useless? Just a greasy substance that sits on your skin and provides no benefits? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

My "unfavorite" is "flying out the door"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife  - I know you're a major WEN customer. Do you use the WEN oils? Or other beauty brand oils? 

In your experience, do you think all facial oils are useless? Just a greasy substance that sits on your skin and provides no benefits? 

@Chi-town girl I believe it was @rms1954 who expressed this view about oils, not @SurferWife 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

I am a fan of WEN oils, but I'm not really a fan of facial oils in general.  I use the WEN oils as an overnight scalp treatment & add a few drops to my body moisturizer to really amp up the hydration.

I really only use oil on my face if I'm feeling especially dry or dehydrated, then I'll add a few drops to my nightime moisturizer, but I don't do that every night.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I guess they want to be overly enthusiastic about what these things will do, with the hopes that everyone will believe the hype and get so excited that they will order before they have a chance to even think about it!  Miracles - it works miracles!  Oh, goodness -- I wish!  I need a miracle for this skin of mine!  Woman Frustrated

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

not really beauty, but "pop of color" is an irritating phrase, for me. so over used.

Honored Contributor

The QVC hosts are influencers.  People talk about how YTers are influencers and it's their job to influence us to spend our money.  QVC has been doing that before YT was even born LOL