Trusted Contributor

Re: Beautiful Blue Base Red Lipstick

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know what the finish is? As in matte or satin?

ETA and/or the name of the color?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Oh that is beautiful! I will need that!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually think it may be a set.

le rouge interdit #338

le rouge sheer velvet #27

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @untitled 😊.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

okay I will just post this here since there are some Givenchy lip fans -Saks Fifth Avenue has a 25 percent off family and friends sale. so there are some Givenchy lipsticks listed - not the holiday set yet... 

Honored Contributor

I still don't know the name of this lipstick color.  I decided to buy it and just had a shimmery clear/white-ish gloss on top.  Then I saw the price of Givenchy lipsticks.  $39 Smiley Surprised  That doesn't fit into my no/low buy pledge to myself Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

Recently I've discovered - for me - the PERFECT red! It's Mac Dare You in the Cremesheen formula. I don't know where it has been all my life. It's a deeper blue red, and somehow it is just plain perfect with my complexion (and it makes my teeth look really white!) and it lasts really well.

For reference I'm a light-medium olive and I go for a neutral medium (not tan) shade in foundations or a 2N in some lines.

Gosh I wish I could email the link but we all know that's against the rules. Sigh.

I'm just thrilled! Now I'm sure it will be discontinued.🙄😂

Trusted Contributor

5BE24246-7DAA-47C5-BD6C-D984569549C0.png

Trusted Contributor

I have to correct something I said - from the original picture and the larger silver case I thought maybe it was a set but it is not - and one holiday lipstick will be presented on 'get ready gorgeous with Ali' with free shipping ha.

Trusted Contributor

Love this shade.  I like to wear a red lip and now that I am no longer wearing a mask, I am back to lipstick!  YAY!!  I will definitely keep an eye out for this.  Givenchy is pricey but I have enjoyed the products I have tried.  

I know lip palletes aren't really popular right now, but they had a great one a few years back.