Valued Contributor

Beans help your body produce hyaluronic acid (skin)

[ Edited ]

I recently was reading some on foods and found that eating beans helps your body produce hyaluronic acid.  The very thing that is often sought in a cream.  (I have seen it mentioned in a few places when reading about food/skin/collagen.  That's where I came across beans in regards to hyaluronic acid.)

Found it interesting and thought maybe someone else might, too.

Another reason to eat some beans!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beans help your body produce hyaluronic acid (skin)

@Julie_23 wrote:

I recently was reading some on foods and found that eating beans helps your body produce hyaluronic acid.  The very thing that is often sought in a cream.  (I have seen it mentioned in a few places when reading about food/skin/collagen.  That's where I came across beans in regards to hyaluronic acid.)

Found it interesting and thought maybe someone else might, too.

Another reason to eat some beans!

Thanks, I enjoy info like this.

I do make a huge vat of turkey chilli or at times beef chilli with 3 kinds of beans in it and the chilli is most all beans Smiley Wink but hubby my son who comes over weekly [I give him tons to take back] can't tell there are that many beans it it...only when we have gas! haha!

I then eat the leftovers (like 2 times that week). I will continue to make it now. Good to know! It's better then putting on skin, I heard some neg things about pure HA on skin long term and had bought a 150 bottle of it and now am wary! I like it in my serums but not alone anymore.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Great news...I love beans.  I think they make a good diet food because they stay with you and you don't get hungry right away.

Honored Contributor

That is really interesting. 

I am using capsules of it and I think it helps with joint pain.It is an anti-inflammatory. Our bodies produce it naturally but I guess sometimes we can use more of it.

I had tried it before and didn't think it did anything but this time it really does (and I am taking 2, 100mg a day as directed on the bottle instead of 1 as before).

No wonder I can crave beans sometimes! womansurprised:

I think sometimes our bodies can tell us what we need by those "cravings."

Thanks for sharing that @Julie_23

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

beans, beans, the musical fruit....

I've been around 12 year old boys for too long, and that includes DH (arrested development). Maybe we are well suited in that way, lol.

I enjoy 4 bean salad and will often add some to green salads.

Yes, I get cravings for beans as well; good to know that this is healthful.

Esteemed Contributor

Welllll....... I like beans, but they don't like me.  (ahem)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@maestra~

that is cuteSmiley Happy

Your four bean salad reminds me of 3-bean salad which I've forgotten about and love that.

I'll have to get some next time I'm in the store.

I will have to write things down that I like so I don't forgetWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23

Thanks for posting this information.  I just made a Crockpot full of Great Northern and seasoned with sea salt, pepper, and smoky paprika.

Next I am going to make a Crockpot full of navy beans along with a ham bone (from Aldi's spiral-cut) from last Friday.

Funny thing is, I too have been craving beans, and just figured it was because it was a comfort food!  If it helps build your integumentary system, that's a huge bonus.  (plus it is a low fat/high protein/low cost food)

Honored Contributor

People who live in the Blue Zones eat beans everyday. Beans are considered a superfood by many, including myself. It's a myth that "the more you eat, the more you....". In fact, the more you eat, the more your gut will get used to the fiber and that is a good thing.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Better-half is planning to make a batch of his signature chili this weekend.  He uses at least three beans in it: Red kidney, cannellini (white kidney) and black.  Pinto beans have made guest appearances in the past.

For some reason his chili reminds me of my mother's pasta sauce.  And that's comforting.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~