Honored Contributor

Re: Beans help your body produce hyaluronic acid (skin)

Wha, what? Heirloom beans @sidsmom? Now I've heard of heirloom tomatoes but never heirloom beans. Sounds wonderful. I bet they do taste good. I will look for them next time I'm out. Thank you!Woman Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Wha, what? Heirloom beans @sidsmom? Now I've heard of heirloom tomatoes but never heirloom beans. Sounds wonderful. I bet they do taste good. I will look for them next time I'm out. Thank you!Woman Happy

Go to their website....there's an interactive map where you can buy.

Hard to find....for example, here in DFW, there are only 2 places. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Love beans! I take a Tblsp. daily of liquid Hylauronic Acid to lubricate skin, joints and eyes. It's called Neocel, Blueberry flavor, and you can get it from Amazon, Vermont Country.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I eat beans everyday, too, @HappyDaze. We'll both live to be at least a hundred!Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee yay us!!! Smiley Very Happy

@HappyDaze @SilleeMee

Have y'all heard of an online website

for heirloom beans called "Rancho Gordo"?

My veg boards sing the praises of these heirloom beans

saying their creamier & more tasty than even organic....

no I have not but will definitely check them out. Thanks for the info!

Respected Contributor

Someone said potatoes count, too.

If that includes tater tots, I'm in.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I will have to see if I can just go to their farm and buy them. I am sure they have a store right? Need to go check out their website.

ETA: just checked their website and sure enough, they have a shop at their farm! yay! I will stock up. Beans last forever but we go through them fast so no worries.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I will have to see if I can just go to their farm and buy them. I am sure they have a store right? Need to go check out their website.

ETA: just checked their website and sure enough, they have a shop at their farm! yay! I will stock up. Beans last forever but we go through them fast so no worries.

@HappyDaze, dried beans do have a shelf life. When they're old, they just tend to not get tender no matter how long you cook them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@HappyDaze, dried beans do have a shelf life. When they're old, they just tend to not get tender no matter how long you cook them.

@suzyQ3lol well I didn't mean "forever" forever, lol. Smiley Wink But seriously, do you know what the shelf life is of beans? I remember cooking a bag that was a few years old and they were fine. I normally don't have food that long so this hasn't happened very often.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze, the dried beans that I buy now all have an expiration date. It's probably hit or miss, but it is a fact that old beans just never get tender -- sort of like old humans. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Love beans.  I eat them nearly everyday.  Good to know that they have an added benefit even more than I was aware. Thanks for posting!