Valued Contributor

Re: Beans help your body produce hyaluronic acid (skin)

It made me happy seeing that people found this post interesting and helpful.  (I love reading about things like this, too.)  But, I was a little worried when I posted it.  Thanks for the replies!

Have a good night!

Honored Contributor

Taters, as well! 🥔🥔🥔

@Julie_23

Makes me happy to see nutrition used as a beauty aid.

Health, wellness & beauty is all about the food, yes?!

Beans...and LOTS of other foods have hyaluronic acid.

Taters!  Taters, my love!  the loveable spud to the rescue again!

"Starchy vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes have tons of hyaluronic acid as well as other nutrients the body needs such as magnesium and potassium."

Here's a snapshot of an article which sums up the hyaluronic acid

benefits in certain foods.

ALSO...go to YouTube & search, 'Connie Chung Hyaluronic Acid'

and watch the 9 minute video mentioned in this article.

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: Taters, as well! 🥔🥔🥔

Excellent post @sidsmom

Love my tofu and roots. Those were staples in my Japanese diet growing up.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Excellent post @sidsmom

Love my tofu and roots. Those were staples in my Japanese diet growing up.

@SilleeMee

Give me some ideas for leftover rice....

Been watching MommyTang on YouTube & she has cool ways to incorporate leftover rice...boiling it to a Porridge consistency & adding carrot/potato/squash...flattening it on a skillet & let it get brown & crunchy...even just pouring cold water over it & eating it like a cold soup.  She's Korean, so these may be some customs of that country...but give me some insight/ideas from your younger days!  

Tofu...I like to eat it already in a prepared dish, but never have cooked with it.  I bought a container of firm tofu last week...and it's still staring at me.  Ha.  Why am I scared to use it?  I was thinking marinating it in a miso/honey/sesame seed liquid the just dry frying it to brown-crispy stage.  Good?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hijack alert! Woman Happy

@sidsmom,

One  meal I love is made with broccoli, tofu, garlic, ginger and rice. It's considered a fried rice dish. There are many versions of this popular dish. Look for "fried rice with tofu and broccoli". I like to add eggs to mine as an added protein and I use white rice from the Asian market. Most recipes you'll find are simple and yummy! Enjoy!

If you have access to an Asian market, be sure to pick up some "takuan". It's a pickled radish root that is tasty on it's own or as a side to your rice dishes. It is known to help aid in digestion and is often eaten at the end of a meal.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Hijack alert! Woman Happy

@sidsmom,

One  meal I love is made with broccoli, tofu, garlic, ginger and rice. It's considered a fried rice dish. There are many versions of this popular dish. Look for "fried rice with tofu and broccoli". I like to add eggs to mine as an added protein and I use white rice from the Asian market. Most recipes you'll find are simple and yummy! Enjoy!

If you have access to an Asian market, be sure to pick up some "takuan". It's a pickled radish root that is tasty on it's own or as a side to your rice dishes. It is known to help aid in digestion and is often eaten at the end of a meal.

Giggle...kinda hijack, but not.  

All the foods we mention are high in HA, so munch away to beautiful skin!

Honored Contributor

We eat beans almost daily-black, pinto, cannelli, great northern, kidney...you name it. I guess I'm all good on HA!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I eat beans everyday, too, @HappyDaze. We'll both live to be at least a hundred!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I eat beans everyday, too, @HappyDaze. We'll both live to be at least a hundred!Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee yay us!!! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee yay us!!! Smiley Very Happy

@HappyDaze @SilleeMee

Have y'all heard of an online website

for heirloom beans called "Rancho Gordo"?

My veg boards sing the praises of these heirloom beans

saying their creamier & more tasty than even organic....