Honored Contributor

I could not wait to try and it was a huge appointment. I got the 3/4 inch and it does not seem to be user friendly. I can get better waves and curls with my curling iron

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Every time I see one of those on Q - it's a different hairdresser and each one claims to have invented it.  That's a puzzle.  And....with long long hair half way down your back - how can your arm reach to the bottom?  I have short hair but those curlers haven't impressed me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beachwaver - ugh

[ Edited ]

I am sorry to hear that it didn't work for you.

I have VERY long hair and it is the best tool I have ever used.  It is very easy @fthunt.  I just part it to the side and work in sections.

The shorter clamp did take a little getting used to.  I have all 3 sizes and would replace them in a heartbeat.  My long spiral curls of all sizes last for days, until I wash them out.

@fthunt

I believe you may be confused.  Sarah Potempa is the inventer and always has been.  Maybe you didn't recognize her?  Her hair is very long now and VERY pink.  She runs the company with her sisters.  It is possible other stylists were demoing the item, but no one but her has ever claimed to have invented it.

It isn't on Q very often, but most times she is on air w/ her product for most of the presentations.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I could not wait to try and it was a huge appointment. I got the 3/4 inch and it does not seem to be user friendly. I can get better waves and curls with my curling iron

@I am still oxox    Mine is still coming... I ordered the one inch and probably should have ordered the 3/4 inch...... I have a feeling  that this will be going back  just  like the clam shell curlers I ordered did.... what a joke those were....

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox

That's too bad, but no surprise.

I've been tempted to order just from listening to the women here talking about it.

Then I remind myself I have some little curl gizmo sitting unused in my guest bath.

It was the one that would take the hair in automatically and curl it up.   Most were afraid of hair getting tangled inside it.  

Yea, I fell for THAT thing!  Never returned it thinking, "someday."

Someday is never today Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox    Mine is still coming... I ordered the one inch and probably should have ordered the 3/4 inch...... I have a feeling  that this will be going back  just  like the clam shell curlers I ordered did.... what a joke those were....

Clam shell curlers? electric or sponge?  sounds really cute LOL! 

Valued Contributor

I also ordered the 1".  My hairdresser says its good and that she has used.  She says to just start slowly to get the hang of it.

Super Contributor

Just tried my 1" and was pleased with the curls, but unlike my 3/4", they barely lasted half a day.  I think the 3/4" is a little more difficult to master, but boy those curls went on and on for days.

Honored Contributor

@claros wrote:

Just tried my 1" and was pleased with the curls, but unlike my 3/4", they barely lasted half a day.  I think the 3/4" is a little more difficult to master, but boy those curls went on and on for days.

@claros  I just received my 1" yesterday and played around with it.   I think I really would like the 3/4 inch better... but not going to return it and  pay shipping here and back.  It was pretty easy to figure out.    I will have to play with it and see how it does.....

Respected Contributor

I got the 1.25" a couple of days ago and love it!  I now have all three sizes, and can get exactly the kind of curls or waves I want.  The most misleading thing the vendor tells people is that you only need to hold the hair on the rod for a few seconds.  I usually leave my hair on the curler at least 15 seconds, and often go 20 seconds or so.  That gets a good solid curl or wave.  I also clip the curled strands up so that the weight of the hair doesn't straignten it out as it cools.  Finally, if I want my waves to last, I need to use hairspray after I fluff out the waves.  I live in the PNW, and when I go outside in the winter the air is 100% humidity and 40 degrees or so, and that amounts to dunking your head in cold water, no hairstyle will stand up to that!  I am sorry some of you aren't getting as much success with your Beachwaver as  you hoped, for me it's a miracle hair tool.