Respected Contributor

After searching YouTube - I finally found what I hope is my perfect tool.  It is the Bed Head TIGI A Wave We Go.  It has two barrels on one side and an adjustable barrel on the other so you can make waves looser or tighter.  Basically, you just clamp down on your hair and hold it and it makes a wave.  In the video she separates her hair into two sections (top and bottom row) and just clamps at very top by root and works her way down the section of hair to the end.  It looked pretty simple on the video.  Her hair was just beautiful - now my hair is thicker than hers so I hope it works.  She said her waves lasted 2-3 days.  I got some sea salt spray to separate and define when I'm done curling.  I'll update you tomorrow after I give it a whirl.  It's my early birthday gift to myself. 

I'm don't have the dexterity to stand and wind my hair around a wand or straightening iron, twist it and run it through to make a curl.  I think this will be easier.

Honored Contributor

I can not possibly imagine getting up every morning and doing all those curls before leaving for work.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I can not possibly imagine getting up every morning and doing all those curls before leaving for work.

@151949 - I'm retired - just for a change when I go to dinner with friends. 

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal  Oh I watched a youtube on it also...I think it looks easy too, I am going to try one...I have super fine thin hair wavy/curly type hair..but if the curl could last several days that would be great...

.why not try it right...Smiley Happy  hope yours works out...

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@hoosieroriginal  Oh I watched a youtube on it also...I think it looks easy too, I am going to try one...I have super fine thin hair wavy/curly type hair..but if the curl could last several days that would be great...

@quadmimi - thought I would let you know - it is SOOOO easy and looks so cute.  My hair is blunt cut about an inch below chin.  I just sectioned it off and didn't even do underneath because my hair is curly under there.  I did just top row and it took me minutes!  This is something you could do every day.  I just got so tired of stick straight hair.  I used a heat protector and after the curls cooled down put some sea salt spray in. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@151949 wrote:

IMO - this is a look appropriate for someone much younger - not a retiree. But , hey, do your own thing.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@151949 wrote:

IMO - this is a look appropriate for someone much younger - not a retiree. But , hey, do your own thing.

Who are you to tell someone whether this is an appropriate look or not?

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi - thought I would let you know - it is SOOOO easy and looks so cute.  My hair is blunt cut about an inch below chin.  I just sectioned it off and didn't even do underneath because my hair is curly under there.  I did just top row and it took me minutes!  This is something you could do every day.  I just got so tired of stick straight hair.  I used a heat protector and after the curls cooled down put some sea salt spray in. 

Oh thanks @hoosieroriginal, hoping I can get the same effect...

I bet it does look great, new hair styles or changes are so much fun at
"any age"....Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Beach waves

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Who are you to tell someone whether this is an appropriate look or not?

Cracks me up!

OP - good luck with your beach waves!

Contributor

All I know is Shirley Temple called and she wants her hair back. Woman Wink