Honored Contributor

Re: Beach Umbrella

[ Edited ]

http://www.amazon.com/Rio-Beach-MyCanopy-Sun-Shade/dp/B00GMZOMT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436783928&s...

This is what we are using at our town pool we sit pool side on concrete, and this is amazing

@beach-mom wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Look for beach products made by Rio

As a frequent "beach-goer," I second this! It looks like Rio has been bought out by Tommy Bahama, but their products are the best. We did have a watermelon umbrella for years. It was great, and it was easy for everyone to spot us! It lasted forever, and I hated to part with it when the time came. It was made so well. Umbrellas today are not made the same; that is why we won't get anything but Rio. We use two. One goes into a table with drink holders, and one goes directly into the ground. DH has a white holder that has a corkscrew-type thing on the end that screws into the sand. It has never failed us, and we stay out during rain and wind - but not thunder of course! You can usually find the corkscrew-type holder at most stores at the beach. Smiley Happy

ETA: I noticed everybody mentioned the holders - they really are great!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Re: Beach Umbrella

[ Edited ]

We now follow what the "professional" umbrella guys do.  LOL We had ours at an angle and noticed that theirs are straight across. Theirs didn't catch the wind, so stayed put.

Maybe they can give you some pointers next time you're at the beach.

We also got the Tommy Bahama from Costco several years ago. Very nice quality.