Respected Contributor

Be careful with Evine

[ Edited ]

So I had placed an order on the weekend for Skinn set and something else.  I changed my mind after giving it some thought.  I called and used the automated to cancel the order.  So in my email it showed cancelled. Then later that day I had an email showing an item was in process.  I looked at it and it didnt show cancelled so I called Evine Customer Service to be sure the entire order was cancelled. She checked and said yes all items in that order number are cancelled.

Well today UPS delivers the set that was supposed to be cancelled.  You would think that my calling and talking to a person would have taken care of all this.

So anyway I just called Evine and the snotty girl said send it back with the smart label inside and she will make a note not to charge me for a return.

I will do that but wonder if she actually made a note about it?!!

You need to be careful that all items you cancel are for sure cancelled!

Something I just found online was if you search Evine Complaints there are plenty of them lol.

Honored Contributor

What I do in situations like that is to make sure I get an e-mail confirming a phone conversation.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I Have ordered and returned goods for years with Evine and never had a problem with CS or with my orders or returns. Always treated respectfully.  I suppose accidents happen.... maybe I have just been fortunate.....

Honored Contributor

It is best not to shop at a company with poor customer service.  I hope it all works out for you.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Be careful with Evine

[ Edited ]

Do you ask them to send you the email and do they send it?

@suzyQ3

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Back when it was Shop NBC i was charged for a very expensive piece of jewelry that I neither order or received.  They promptly acknowledged their mistake and gave me a refund, but not before the charge caused my rent payment to bounce!  Then, apparently whoever did receive the jewelry decided to return it, and for some reason they charged me for it again!  I was fit to be tied and raised a big fuss and had them shut down my account.  Years later, I thought maybe Evine might be worth a try, but they must have me noted from the Shop NBC days and wouldn't let me open an account!  Fine, I believe they did me a favor.  I just wish Skinn would come to QVC or HSN.

Honored Contributor

I cancelled an AD I had with them & still received the item. I called CS & they had me return it free of charge. I did not have any problems after that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've usually had pretty good luck with Evine's customer service....until Sunday.  It was a busy weekend with Dimitri's Anniversary shows.  I don't know if that directly affected their website or not, but I know I hit a few snags when trying to place some orders.  Thursday night I had a number of items in my cart, but didn't want to miss out on the DermAppeal Duo deal so saved everything and  I processed the DermAppeal individually.  When I clicked "place the order" I was bounced back to the beginning of the checkout process.  I tried again and the same thing happened.  I tried one more time and it happened again.  At that point I quit, assuming the item sold out.  Later on, I moved my items back to my cart and just for snicks I added the DermAppeal Duo.  My order appeared to go through.

Saturday I ordered a few more things.  Sunday morning, I was checking my damages and discovered I had three single orders of the DermAppeal posted to my account and there was no cancel button.  I called customer service and got a very rude, unhelpful agent.  I explained to him how their website was acting wonky on Thursday but that I would like his assistance in cancelling these orders.  He was also unable to cancel.  He said the best thing would be to return them after delivery.  I said that woudnl't be a problem, but it would cost me $6.95 per set to do that.  I asked that since it was obviously due to a website problem on their end that I wanted to be comped for the shipping.  His reply was, "Well how would that be fair?  We can't be refunding shipping to customers who just keep clicking on things."  After arguing my point again I began fuming, told him that he was a terrible customer service rep and asked to be passed on to someone else.  After waiting several minutes a woman came on the phone.  I repeated my entire story to her, adding that the prior rep was awful to deal with and that I spend a lot of money on Evine over the year with Skinn purchases, Waterford purchases, and Beekman prior to their leaving, and I did not deserve to be disrespected the way I was.  She agreed but was unable to cancel the orders.  She noted my account so I wouldn't be charged for the return shipping.  I asked her if the other guy's name or agent number was visible and she said it was.  I said if there was any way possible that she could forward my dissatisfaction with him to a manager because they needed to know that this guy doesn't know how to deal with their customers.  She said she's make sure of it.   Hopefully it all works out or they'll be getting another call from me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Do you ask them to send you the email and do they send it?

@suzyQ3

@Imaoldhippie, it does depend upon the site. Sometimes CS on the phone actually can't send e-mails. In that case, I would e-mail the company and ask confirmation of that conversation. Also, if a site has chat, that's a good way to save the conversation -- print it when done.

I can't speak for Evine because I have never ordered from them and will likely keep it that way. :-)

ETA: I do not depend upon phone CS to put a note in my account. It is hit or miss.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Oh, wow!  I just recently discovered Evine and so far the only things I've ordered have been their Waterford items.  Love them!  Thankfully I've never needed to return anything!  I even found a Waterford item to give as a Christmas gift.  My sister loved it!  I'm tired of QVC and HSN lacking in their quality for some of the items I have ordered recently.  I'm going to take a break and not order anything from anyone for a long while.  I hope.  lol