Occasional Contributor

Re: Battle of the Body Butters! What's your favorite?

Favorites include:

L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream

Jose Maran: Be Renewed, Be Comforted and Moroccan Escape

Philosophy Barely Glazed Souffle

All are awesome!

Super Contributor

On 5/18/2014 Snowpuppy said:
On 5/18/2014 Tricolor said:

I have been hooked on Tree Hut for several months. A Facebook group that I belong to has been raving about their products. They are super cheap; $5 for a tub. The scents are incredible and very hydrating. Now I no longer feel the need to buy expensive body butters. Burt's Bees Honey Shea is nice too but at my Walmart it is $12.97 so the Tree Hut is a better deal.

Another rave for Tree Hut! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I was looking for the beachy scent for summer last year and I couldn't bring myself to spend the $ for JM or EL Bronze Goddess.

I discovered Tree Hut for $7 at my grocery! OMG, nice beachy scent, not overpowering, long lasting softness without greasiness!

When freshly applied after a shower I top with a little shimmer from a BB shimmer brick and a blush brush for that summer nite out!

My current favorite, as I said elsewhere, is the Skinn Desert Bloom body butter. But I do like the Tree Hut scents, too. I wish the consistency was a bit thicker.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Skinn Desert Bloom........

Honored Contributor

Josie Maran

Contributor

Yes to Carrots is my favorite body butter for both texture and scent. I love it.

I also like the texture of Philosophy's whipped body butter but mine has no scent.

Josie Maran's would be a close third. I like the texture but I wasn't crazy about the scent (I had the jasmine one, I'm not sure of the name)

Trusted Contributor

I like Josie Maran, Philosophy and Sabon.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Korres, then Locitane (but I stopped using them because of the animal testing and selling in China) that leaves Korres as the clear winner. I have tried expensive, local stores, etc. and Korres is the tops. Good variety of scents, too Their shower gels are wonderful too. The JM is ok, but does not work as well as the Korres. The body butter is great used as a hand cream too.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

Trader Joes coconut body butter. It is rich, thick, and moisturizes me all day long.

Valued Contributor

I just ADORE the Josie Maran whipped body butter. I am currently almost out of this in the Sweet Citrus scent. Really smells delish AND does what it's supposed to do!!

I also love Perlier body butters in Pomegranate (my fave scent in their line).

For some reason, I tend to reach for the Philosophy creams in the pump versions, NOT the whipped body butter version. I have the AG in this, and while I like it a lot, I don't use it multiple times a day like I do some of the pump ones.

Regular Contributor

Another vote for Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter with coconut oil, shea butter and vitamin E -- with none of the bad ingredients. And, at about $5 for 8 ounces, you can't beat the price.