Honored Contributor

Re: Bath shower and bath products: your favorites

I have several and like to rotate my body washes.  

Tree Hut Shea Moisturizing

Avalon Organics

Fresh body wash Citron de vigne

I use a body sponge and with my body washes I only need one sometimes two pumps.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember Calgon (take me away)?  LOVED that, then it got hard to impossible to find.  About a year ago I had an unpleasant reaction to some liquid soap.  It was liquid unscented Dove for sensitive skin...same thing I've been using in bar form for years.  Now I'm afraid to try to use any other bath additive but that Lush Honey and Orange sounds divine!

The last time we remodeled (2007) both of our bathrooms were remodeled.  My husband installed a soaking tub with the tiny holes all over for a more effervescent bubble and multi-colored lights and heated back rest.  The different colored lights were supposed to trigger various feelings/moods/healing.  But leaning back with your eyes closed it was a bit hard to focus on a color Smiley Surprised  When my Fibro Myalgia was at it's worse, it was the only way I could get any pain relief.

@Shanus

Are you asking everyone to increase their font size or just me?  I usually do when I think of it and that's most of the time.  Remember when I asked if there was a way to permenantly increase the size and font?

Respected Contributor

I used Amlactin for years. It was a scrip covered by my insurance. I stopped using it because I did better with FAB.

Thanks for your suggestions. I just ordered two more from Band BW's. Scents I haven't tried. Half price makes them cheaper than drugstore. The dstore ones I've tried either don't have much scent or they don't last as long. 

re my dry skin. I also have dry eyes and hair. I run humidifiers 24/7. Best beauty buy. My hairdresser says he can tell because I'm not staticky (sp?)

Honored Contributor

I use Dove liquid bath soap.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Bath and Body works stress relief for my shower. It smells wonderful and I also use the Vanilla Lavendar which also relieves stress and smells wonderful. I highly recommend both but mine are for the shower you could check and see what they have in bath products. 

Respected Contributor

I started using the English brand, Molton Brown in 1997 when we lived there.  It is fabulous.  It lasts forever and has wonderful fragrances. It's 35.00 for a 10 oz bath/shower gel.  Body lotion is the same.   If you get the duo, it's a bit cheaper.  They are currently having a 30% off sale.

I just ran out and decided to try B&BW line in Japanese Cherry Blossom.  I love the smell and my best friend has it in her guest bath so I use it when I'm there.  I'll see how it goes.   If I don't like it, it's back to Molton Brown.

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal which scents do you like in the Molton Brown?

Thank you all for your suggestions and especially for the Badedas website.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   Re: The size of your print. I don't know how I did it (think it must be on the left under "Quick Links"). Mine is set on size 4 and it stays there permenantly. I just tap on the "A" and a color choice drops down and I choose this blue each time. There's probably a way to make the blue my default choice, but I don't mind doing this way...takes a second. ***I think you are about the only one who uses such a tiny print.

Esteemed Contributor

Our home has one of those big triangular spa tubs with Jacuzzi jets.  In the 15 ;years we've lived here, I've used it twice.  On the rare occasions I've taken a bath, I always shower afterwards because I never feel like I get clean sitting in bathrub water.  Just a quirk.

@lavendar -- I used nothing but Bath and Body Works for over a decade.  I love most of their fragrances.  My husband likes their men's deodorant and body spray.  I've never had any rashes or 'itchies' using their shower gels and shea butters.   I had allergies to some expensive bath products I'd used previously, and my skin finally calmed down when I started using BBW.  I recommend their body washes and shea butter body lotions and creams.

With this virus stuff, I quit shopping inside stores, and I don't want to pay shipping charges if I don't have to.  So I started buying bath and body products with my supermarket parking lot pickups.  I like the Olay Ribbons body wash and Aveeno body lotions.  Moisturized skin and no 'itchies.'

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

A Salux to dry brush, then Nubian coconut & papaya body wash, also sefidab on an exfoliating puff in the shower.

@lavendarIf I did a bath, I, too, would use epsom salts. As it is, magnesium is in my deodorant.