Honored Contributor

Re: Bath shower and bath products: your favorites

I like Philosophy and Korres products.

Honored Contributor

@lavendar - Have you ever tried bath bombs from Lush? They are SO wonderful Try "Shoot for the Stars" (honey and orange), "Avobath" (lemon and avocado), and "Groovy Kind of Love" (rosewood and bergamot). There are a lot more. They're not inexpensive, but IMO they're worth it!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

Another bather here.  Seems like it's a lost art.  Most everyone these days takes a shower.  

@monicakm   Is it possible for you to please adjust the size of your print? That small print is tough on these older eyes. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar I only take showers.  The only bath product that I use in the winter is Loccitane's almond oil shower oil, then followed by their milk veil, and then shea butter cream.  All this for my very dry winter skin.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I take baths, hate showers.

Really simple ... same routine every day.

First must-have - exfoliating bath gloves and Kiss My Face Soap. 

You can buy the gloves at the Body Shop or Amazon, sometimes Walgreens has them, sometimes CVS.  Least expensive at Amazon.  My skin feels fantastic when I get out of the tub.

I use Tresemme shampoo as bubble bath - doesn't matter which one.  They usually are on sale in a "two-for."

I've used epsom salts on and off my entire life.  It was just something that everyone in my family did.  We're all "bath people."

@ALRATIBA 

The exfoliating gloves peaked my interest. I've never heard or noticed these before - which may be a first for me.

I saw a bunch on Amazon, even a video that says you can wash them.  Do they last forever? Or are they like a buff puff that loses its "stuff" over time. Your favorite brand?

Thanks!!

Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@lavendar I only take showers.  The only bath product that I use in the winter is Loccitane's almond oil shower oil, then followed by their milk veil, and then shea butter cream.  All this for my very dry winter skin.

I'm glad you mentioned Loccitane, I've been wanting to try their shower oil. 

I agree with @beach-mom regarding Lush bath bombs, they are heavenly!

On the bath topic, does anyone have a bath pillow they recommend?

Valued Contributor

@lavendar Badedas from Germany (smells like authentic pine forest) and Vitabath from Canada, both high quality, medium price range.

Respected Contributor

I use Badedas in the summer. I discovered it when I was in Europe forty years ago. Who do you order it from; for a while people questioned if it were the 'real thing' that they were buying in the U.S.

I have FAB exfoliating scrub. I do use it but have to be careful in the winter. I have Sjogren's syndrome and painfully sensitive skin.

Valued Contributor

@lavendar You can get authentic Badedas at p.j. fallon website. They often have sales and I have found they are the cheapest on the internet. Also, with your skin sensitivity, have you tried any of the Amlactin products? My dermatologist recommends it highly for sensitive, dry skin. You can get it almost anywhere, like Walmart, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@scatcat 

No favorite brand.   The stores sell them in individual pairs - on Amazon I can buy a dozen at a time.  I replace them when they start to fray.

I never found any difference between them - no matter where I bought them, so I go for the least expensive.  Last ones I bought were from Amazon, 12 pairs for $12.  

I just rinse them after I use them and hang them over the tub to drip/dry.

------------------------------------------

@scatcat wrote:

The exfoliating gloves peaked my interest. I've never heard or noticed these before - which may be a first for me.

I saw a bunch on Amazon, even a video that says you can wash them.  Do they last forever? Or are they like a buff puff that loses its "stuff" over time. Your favorite brand?

Thanks!!