Frequent Contributor

Re: Bath shower and bath products: your favorites

@lavendar 

I use the B &B W Aromatherapy Eucalyptus and Spearmint.  I recieved this as a gift about 4 years ago and never looked back.  The scent is so calming.  I just stocked up when they had the products at $5.95.  They almost never go on sale.

Valued Contributor

Bath products are my weakness!  I love to try new scents/formulations.  

Now that I'm older, my back and arms feel really dry (daily showers).  My derm recommended Cerave products in general and I just bought the Diabetics formula body wash.  (I wish they wouldn't call it that - whatever).  

It has no scent and is very moisturizing.  With MI winters dryness is to be expected.  

Cerave's body lotions are all great, too.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thanks for the tip  on enlarging the font.  No one told me that when I asked a couple of months ago.  In fact, several said they wish there was a way.  As for me being the only one that uses the website's default font size Smiley Surprised  take a look at tototwo and harpa's posts in this thread.  In fact, a quick glance at a few other posts show that at least half if not more of the messages are the default font.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy taking a bath rather than shower.  I use several different bath products.  Some Philosophy, but mostly Beekman and Korres.  I also like Perlier products.  I do soak in Epsom salts from time to time.

As far as fonts, I always enlarge and bold.  I do know some people might have some vision issues, and I try to respect that.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Shanus 

Thanks for the tip  on enlarging the font.  No one told me that when I asked a couple of months ago.  In fact, several said they wish there was a way.  As for me being the only one that uses the website's default font size Smiley Surprised  take a look at tototwo and harpa's posts in this thread.  In fact, a quick glance at a few other posts show that at least half if not more of the messages are the default font.  

@monicakm  It's your choice to leave it or change it. I'm sure it'd be easier to read if others used a larger size print, too.

Respected Contributor

I use Juniper Breeze in the summer from Band BW. It's discontinued but available online once a year. It's the first BandBW scent I was given a million years ago. I couldn't find Badedas or Vitabath then and it has some of the same notes. At bedtime I like more soothing scents.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I spent a fortune yesterday. Can't remember everything I ordered.

Valued Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I started using the English brand, Molton Brown in 1997 when we lived there.  It is fabulous.  It lasts forever and has wonderful fragrances. It's 35.00 for a 10 oz bath/shower gel.  Body lotion is the same.   If you get the duo, it's a bit cheaper.  They are currently having a 30% off sale.

I just ran out and decided to try B&BW line in Japanese Cherry Blossom.  I love the smell and my best friend has it in her guest bath so I use it when I'm there.  I'll see how it goes.   If I don't like it, it's back to Molton Brown.

@Bridgegal  Thank you for mentioning the Molton Brown sale; I also fell in love with them when I lived in UK (for a short time many years ago). 

@lavendar  Molton Brown has a lovely "sampler" set, which has about 10-12 travel size bottles (a nice introduction to their scents). They have wonderful products! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I like the fruity/floral ones.  My two favorites are Ylang-Ylang.  It smells fabulous.  I also love Orange & Bergamont.    I noticed that they have new scents since I was in their Hudson Yards store in Sept. 2019.  I promise there is something for everyone, including men.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I would like for my text to be larger.  I don't have a problem seeing it on my desktop computer screen but I've always felt like some would.  That's why, when I think of it and I'm not in a hurry, I change the font to Comic Sans and the font size to one.   I tried your suggestion under Quick Links and (I think) Display.  It increased the whole page's font size.  That's ok.  I didn't mind.  And when I typed my text it was indeed larger.  (On my end) when the message was sent and posted, the text reverted back to default.  I don't know what the deal is Smiley Sad  I'll try to remember to "manually" change the text size each time I post.

Honored Contributor

Call me cheap, call me basic, but I’ve been trending away from pricey bath products.  I’ve had a change of heart and find them an unnecessary expense.  I like finding large triple milled bars of soaps, like Michel Design Works and similar, at places like Marshals and  TJMaxx for a few bucks, but I’m also content buying a bundled pack of Olay body wash at Costco when I need it. I use them all with a Salux cloth.  Follow up bathing with a basic but effective body lotion or cream.  There are several that I like; Alpha Skincare, AmLactin, Gold Bond, Hempz, Tweak’d.