Esteemed Contributor

This may sound like a repeat of another post above.... we have a large, triangular Jacuzzi tub in our bathroom that I really wanted - but I've only used it twice in the 12 years we lived here.  It's just easier, faster, and more convenient for me to take a shower.   I can wash my hair, exfoliate my complexion, shave my legs, everything all at one time.  And no ring-around-the-tub that I have to scrub after I'm done! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Showers to get ready each mornig for work and bath to relax after going on a run after work.

Deb

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I am always amazed when this subject comes up that the shower preferring folks seem to frequently feel they need to say something degrading about preferring baths. Hate to tell you all but just because you chose to shower does not make you , in any way, a better person than those who chose to bathe.before you criticize me for saying this refer to posts # 5-6-7.

Well I'm #7. Never said I was a better person because I shower instead of taking a bath. That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Just because I feel the water is dirty after taking a bath & I stand up & shower after does not make me a better person. It's JMO & How I feel when I take a bath. Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITA. Not only a stupid statement, but also a totally ridiculous one. I also prefer showers rather than sitting in dirty water.

Respected Contributor

I have a bath for my epsom salt and baking soda soak for detoxing or that plus ginger for a sweating detox.  While I'm in there, I do a facial, shave, and read.  Then I drain the tub and shower to do my hair, face, and body.  I have a small fiberglass standard tub that isn't nearly long enough for my 5'8" frame to stretch out fully and get right up to my ears.  I want a 6.5-7 foot tub like in the old days of cast ion and deep enough to soak but not need 50 gallons of water like my garden tub.  It isn't much longer than the one in my guest bath, but is deeper, since the bathroom is bigger the steam doesn't build up, therefore I use the guest bath.  I do this 3-5 days a week in the evenings.  Some days it is cool water and some hot.  I'm in the deep south, so after being super hot, I take a cool soak.  If I'm gritty and want a quick clean, I shower, if I want to soak, I get a good, quick shower, then fill my tub after washing out quickly.  The best of both worlds.

Take the time to pamper yourself just a bit with a home spa, and you will sleep better due to reduced stress and feel better as a result!

Honored Contributor

We remodeled our main floor bathroom and I insisted on a tub for resale purposes!! It also has a low wall to make it easier to climb in an out of. There are 2 shower heads-- a fixed one and a slide bar shower head. We have 2 LED lights in the ceiling of the tub area and we have the controls (diverter and hot/cold faucet) on the side where the fixed shower head is located. No more going around the toilet to turn on the water! I prefer a shower, I can make it hot or cool or use one shower head or both!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I don't think you were criticized for preferring baths to showers.  Nor did any of the shower lovers think they were better than you.  

We we all were just stating our preferences and why they appeal to us.  To each his or her own....chocolate or vanilla!!! Doesn't matter.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I just love showers.  I've never really found a bath to be more relaxing.  I'm amazed at the number of people that prefer a bath.          

Valued Contributor

My spa tub has a name...**HEAVEN**.  Garden grime is easily showered off! no problemo! 

Honored Contributor

A shower is ok, but I prefer a bath, it's more relaxing.

Esteemed Contributor

A shower most of the time, but a bath when I need to relax and ease sore joints.....