Honored Contributor

Re: Bath and body works vanilla bean noel

I'm sorry some of your orders are not what they used to be.  I had a large order come in last week.  No scented body soap (can't use them) or lotions.  Only foaming hand soaps.  I haven't smelled repeat orders.  Most of the new scents I smelled I liked, a few were meh.  I'm not at all surprised they aren't as fragrant.  Everything is hitting new lows (and new norms).  I noticed last year when I placed a hand soap order from BBW that altho they smelled good in the bottle, they weren't that fragrant when washing your hands.  DH's BBW Coffee and Whiskey body spray isn't anything to rave about.  It would be if it was stronger.

If you want a whipped body lotion that you can still smell the next morning and smells Amazing!, Fenty's latest offering OMGosh.  Smells like warm, not overly browned Snickerdoodles on steroids.  But it's more complicated while still being a simple fragrance.  I wish I had a case of it!  I was rubbing my parents legs a few days ago with Aveeno Intense Eczema lotion.  Their poor skin on their shins are so thin, dry and flaky.  I wish I had the Fenty lotion at the time.  They wouldn't have been able to smell it tho I could LOL  It hurts me they can't enjoy a world of fragrance Smiley Sad  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My favorite winter scent "Winter Candy Apple" has changed, too.  The last time I ordered, the scent was very weak, not lasting at all.   I doubt I will order that scent again.  

Respected Contributor

Twisted Peppermint has been one of my favorite holiday scents for years. I always try to keep some of the body lotion and body spray on hand. Has anyone smelled that to know if it smells the same or not before I place a big order and stock up?

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

Twisted Peppermint has been one of my favorite holiday scents for years. I always try to keep some of the body lotion and body spray on hand. Has anyone smelled that to know if it smells the same or not before I place a big order and stock up?

@rnmom - I just brought in my yearly supply of Twisted Peppermint shower gel and foaming soap.  Bought enough to last the whole year.  Now I'm afraid to smell it, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I got my order yesteday ,they changed it does not smell the same at all, look forward to this every year,no more.

my Initial reaction was NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This is my favorite Christmas scent and I look forward to getting it every year. I already bought some of the hand soaps but I haven't used them yet.  If this is true and they've changed this and other scents, it is VERY disappointing. 

Honored Contributor

@CorrTor wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I got my order yesteday ,they changed it does not smell the same at all, look forward to this every year,no more.

my Initial reaction was NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This is my favorite Christmas scent and I look forward to getting it every year. I already bought some of the hand soaps but I haven't used them yet.  If this is true and they've changed this and other scents, it is VERY disappointing. 

It is very disappointing, wish i had not bought ,it seems like every body product has been cheapened,

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@rnmom - I just brought in my yearly supply of Twisted Peppermint shower gel and foaming soap.  Bought enough to last the whole year.  Now I'm afraid to smell it, LOL. 

I was able to test the Twisted Peppermint in store today and the lotion is great.  Just like it is every yr!  I then put on the fragrance mist and that only lasted 2 mins at most so not good on that one.  I am sure the body wash will be nice too.

As for VBN....I didn't test the lotion out as the reviews are bad online.  I am bummed out on it also.  I will try it next time I am up there just to see if some stores may have gotten better product.  If not I will wait until next year.  Big bummer on this one as I love it also.

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite - Awesome, thanks for the update! I'm glad that the lotion at least smells good. Sometimes the scent is so strong with just the body cream that I don't even feel like I need the body spray, even though I do like to layer if I can.