Honored Contributor

Bath and body works vanilla bean noel

I got my order yesteday ,they changed it does not smell the same at all, look forward to this every year,no more.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

Re: Bath and body works vanilla bean noel

The reviews on the B & BW website are 1 star.  I checked the lotion out myself and the reviews are correct.  Really poor judgment on the company.  I think creativity is dead so they feel they need to tweak the current formulas.  Bad move. 

I have never understood why a company that has a fantastic product--cult following, big sales-- and then they change it. They all do it.  It makes no sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest - that's disappointing! I ordered 6 different seasonal scents ( not including the vanilla bean you ordered) during the recent one wick candle sale, my order is expected to be delivered today. Will post my review

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I don't get it either ,why companies do this!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I got my order yesteday ,they changed it does not smell the same at all, look forward to this every year,no more.

I've been reading the SAME comments all over in various Facebook groups too!

I've been less than thrilled with some of the B&BW scents lately, especially long time old favorites.  It's like they cheapened out on the ingredients when they reformulated them.  Similar to what another company or two had done that I won't name here LOL.

Super Contributor

Oh No’ Vanilla Bean Noel has meant -amongst-other things of course-Christmas scent to me. I purchased it when it was just Vanilla Bean. Well, hope my Winter Candy Apple not different!
Respected Contributor

Bummer.  I couldn't find that scent last year and was glad that it was back this year.  I probably will skip it though, if it's not the same as in years' past.  I got a scent last year that was a seasonal Christmas scent called "Love" that reminded me of Pink Sugar.  I'm hoping to find it again this year. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, it's a shame. I saw some of the online reviews last week.  

It used to be a favorite of mine, the shower gel. Then it started smelling, to me, like baby powder so I stopped using it.  But the reviews this year are pretty bad.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I have some lotions and body sprays that have been disappointing as well.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I don't get it either ,why companies do this!!

@goldensrbest - it's probably a combination of reasons - top 2 most likely are pricing and availability for ingredients.

There continues be supply chain issues and cost of raw goods has skyrocketed. 

Most companies are trying to maintain lowest price possible so they are swapping out raw ingredients to meet schedule and pricing targets

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri