Honored Contributor

Re: Bath and Body Works Annual Candle Sale!!!

@tsavorite wrote:

@shoppingless wrote:

What do they go on sale for? 

9.95 the last yrs but it could be 10.95 this yr.....not sure yet.

I have never been able to get in the store on candle day....they say you need to know the time store opens and get in line outside to get in.  I know me to well....I won't be standing outside for a hour in 20 degree windy weather at 5am or 6am to get in for some candles.

I do love some of them and hope I can score them online instead but that may not happen either if they don't have enough to honor online orders and sell only to people in store shopping.  

I have picked up the ones I have at 12.95 per candle and I am fine with that LOL!  

@tsavorite I am right there with you.  I those days of me waiting in line for anything are over.  If I can't get what I want online then it wasn't meant to be.  I did go Monday for the 40% off everything and I was lucky to snag the lighted Christmas tree candle holder.  It is stunning I kind of like it better than the snowflake.  I didn't put a candle jar on the top as I didn't care for the look but I did put a glitter ball candle that looks awesome.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky  Hey there girlfriend!  I did see on youtube insiders saying it is 10.25 per candle this yr.  I have never seen the Christmas Tree Candle holder you purchased but I am sure it's gorgeousWoman Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always get candles when they are on sale in December..  i just went to take inventory to see what scents I need.

I have 29 candles that are new, four that are partially used, plus a few that are in my home that I light on occasion.

i found two Slatkin candles that I got from BBW in balsam...they have to be pretty old, but the scent is still strong.

At the bottom of the box, I found 8 bottles of hand soap...in Christmas scents.

I need to think about this a little...I want more, but don't need them.

If they are 10.25 this year and I use my 20% off coupon that's 8.20 each.  Plus I have a coupon for a free item...they won't let me get a free 3 wick candle with the coupon  and heavens knows I don't need anymore hand soap. Hmmmm.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie That's where I am at also!  I want a few scent that I do not own but that is probably 6 to 8 candles at the most.  I have lot's of HomeWorx and BBW candles and hand soaps I am totally covered on and need none LOL!

I see my store hours are posted at Closed Thursday and Open Friday 5am - 9pm.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite   I have a Yankee Candle outlet near me, and like go visit at least a few times a year.  I have a lot of Yankee candles too, but not as many as BBW.

Yankee candle co.used to sell their scented wax directly to customers in big blocks.  I have about 30 lbs of Home Sweet Home wax in my basement in a plastic container.  I used to make a lot of candles, but got lazy. 

The last time I made them was for my daughter's wedding.  She has been married 20 years.

i have a few boxes of real bayberry tapers from the Williamsburg candle co, in Williamsburg, VA. What a treasure. They are out of business now.  I also have several blocks of wax from them left over from my daughter's wedding. They sold the wax in blocks too

Maybe I need to get busy and make and sell some candles.  My house smells wonderful when I melt all of that scented wax down.  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  You are truly THE Candle Lady!! LOL what an amazing collection you have thereWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the dates!  I usually like to stock up on the annual candle day but I neither want to wait in line nor carry a lot of candles home, so may look at what is online.  I also don't seem to have any coupons, which is a bummer.  I do have a list somewhat ready.

Trusted Contributor

I used to be a fan of these candles, but the last few orders have been disappointing.  Faint scents and little throw so I stopped ordering.

Much prefer Slatkin brand.  More expensive but worth it.

Trusted Contributor

I tried at least 3 or 4 times last yr to order online and the online ordering wasnt working and i was online about 12:15am!!!  they said so many were ordering it wasnt working.. i was very mad to say the least!!  so i did go to my bath and body works store.. line was real long because they were only about 5 or 6  in at a time with covid..but the line did move kinda fast.. but their is a much bigger selection online.. the store when i went didnt have any of the fall scents though i walked out with 15 candles i think the limit was 16 but im not sure.... i'm getting online at 12:00 and if it doesnt work again, i suppose i will be going to my local store again..

Honored Contributor

I don't see WHEN the sale starts or did I miss it?