Trusted Contributor

Bath & Body Works frustrating visit

I stopped in BBW and picked out a few fragrance sprays.  Checking out I was asked for my phone number and stated I'd prefer not to give it.  The sales girl asked me 3 more times, insisting I needed to give it for their new rewards program.  I again stated that I did not want to give it and would just like to purchase without earning points.  Before she started to scan the items, she looked over at the other sales girl and rolled her eyes.  Up until then I was polite, but then I just got annoyed.  So I asked if I could purchase the items without giving my phone number (I probably was a bit snarky when I asked) and she just looked at me like I was crazy.  So I turned around and walked out.  The manager saw me leave and asked me what was wrong and I just told her that buying online was much easier.  

I don't mind getting asked and having them tell me about their rewards program... but enough was enough!  Now I just have to remember what fragrances I picked out!  LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Bath & Body Works frustrating visit

I pay extra for an unlisted phone number so I never give it out to salespeople, I don't care what they're offering.

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick I would have done a Judge Milian and said "Did you just roll your eyes at me?"  That's so rude of her. I'm usually easy going but I would have called her on that.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids Yeah, at that point I was just tired of standing there and wanted out.  I'm sure they're told to get as many folks to sign up and most people do.  

Super Contributor

I just give them our landline that no one uses, lol.

Honored Contributor

@You should have turned the tables and insisted the clerk give you her phone number.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@You should have turned the tables and insisted the clerk give you her phone number.

That is the best suggestion I've heard yet.

Honored Contributor

We should not have to give out personal info like this and I have told clerks this at times.  Other times?  I just make up a number!   I just want to check out and get on my way.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Knit-Chick   You made your point perfectly handling it as you did IMO.  I choose not to make a scene but do leave the merchandise and walk out.  Gives me a sense of satisfaction.  

Once I was so angry I smiled at the clerk, said no thanks, left the merchandise, ($400 of sports equiptmant) found and spoke with the manger and left the store. 

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

I stopped in BBW and picked out a few fragrance sprays.  Checking out I was asked for my phone number and stated I'd prefer not to give it.  The sales girl asked me 3 more times, insisting I needed to give it for their new rewards program.  I again stated that I did not want to give it and would just like to purchase without earning points.  Before she started to scan the items, she looked over at the other sales girl and rolled her eyes.  Up until then I was polite, but then I just got annoyed.  So I asked if I could purchase the items without giving my phone number (I probably was a bit snarky when I asked) and she just looked at me like I was crazy.  So I turned around and walked out.  The manager saw me leave and asked me what was wrong and I just told her that buying online was much easier.  

I don't mind getting asked and having them tell me about their rewards program... but enough was enough!  Now I just have to remember what fragrances I picked out!  LOL

no thank you

no thank you 

no thank you

or 

area code 867-5309