Contributor

Bate minerals pressed bisque a bust!

Sorry to read that Leslie sold her company. Now it seems the bottom line is more important than commitment to the quality I was used to. Had to return the new pressed bisque. It was a joke in my opinion--did not cover anything, and left me with a strange yellowish cast to my skin. Luckily, I had some original bisque  powder, so my face looks normal again. Hope the new owners do not mess with that formula. In the meantime, I will be on the hunt for a different brand. 

Contributor

Re: Bate minerals pressed bisque a bust!

I meant Bare Minerals. Sorry for the typo.

Honored Contributor

I don't fault her selling that's her right. Oh how I remember when BE first arrived at Qvc, Thought no way! Would that powder cover. The rest as the saying goes is history! Yes, Stopped buying years ago. Quality long ago left the building. As with many company's who no longer have the original owners. Tart beauty another example. Sad but such is big business. 

Contributor

Can you recommend another concealer that provides good coverage without irritating ski?

Honored Contributor

It's unfortunate that as soon as these very successful small businesses sell to corporate giants (Philosophy = Coty is one) the product is redone and loses what the customer loved about it.  Probably to save money, it's all about money.

Recently Estee Lauder changed up their fragrances and reduced the quantity and upped the price.  I have worn Estee by Estee Lauder since 1975 and always bought the Pure Fragrance spray (more essential oil).... now you can only get 1.7oz (instead of 2 oz), the price went up to $52 and the fragrance doesn't last.  I used it every day and DH asked if I stopped using it!  I personally wouldn't mind getting less and paying more if the product remained the same.... but it's a waste of money now, no scent after an hour....  THIS is what I find really irritating.  Now I'm perusing Chanel to find something I'm happy with.... Woman Sad 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

The original you prefer is still available, why not buy that?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Being a long time BE fan, I tried most of the pressed products when they first came out.  After owning them for six months, I pitched them all.  The compacts were irritatingly hard to open, to start with.  Then not one product compared in quality or shade to the original loose formulations.  I went back to my original foundation, mineral veil, and Glee.  I've never cared for the liquid offerings, either.

Regular Contributor

I don't think they discontinued the original loose bisque. It is still available.

Occasional Contributor

I agree.  I ordered the pressed bisque hoping it would do the job that the loose bisque does.  Very disappointed.  It barely covers anything.  Was hoping they would offer the large size loose bisque but haven't seen it offered in ages.  

Trusted Contributor

@stets  What's the exact name of this product?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*