Trusted Contributor

Re: Bareskin Beauty Radiant 7-piece collection AD?

I think I will skip Januarys shipment since I have the blush and gloss and have several taupe shadows. Mays shipment is surely tempting Smiley Happy it's such a good deal for the foundation and brush anyway, and I have family who will happily take the duplicates!
Trusted Contributor

On 12/19/2014 Jeannie29 said: I think I will skip Januarys shipment since I have the blush and gloss and have several taupe shadows. Mays shipment is surely tempting Smiley Happy it's such a good deal for the foundation and brush anyway, and I have family who will happily take the duplicates!
And by May, you will be excited to get a kit but next month, seeing you have so many duplicates, it might not be as fun for you. And by May you might actually NEED a new serum foundation! I don't know about the rest of you but I've been wearing the serum foundation daily and it feels like I've barely made a dent in it. I switched my January to beige instead of natural, because the natural was a little light for me in the summer. But its perfect for me now. S I will just need to stash the beige for next spring/summer when I use a little self tanner again.
Trusted Contributor

Ok, I have quite a stash and could go probably a year (maybe more) before I NEED any foundation. Lol. But that does not stop me from wanting it! Besides, the eye color sounds pretty
Contributor

On 12/17/2014 Tamra410 said: I do not have pictures but I have this saved from where the aired it. The January kit will include the Moxie lipgloss in Heartbreaker (peony pink), Exhilarate Blush (raspberry sorbet), Soft Taupe (luminious gray brown) eyecolor. The January kit will come with the Heavenly Face Brush and the Double-Ended Full Tapered Shadow & Blush Brush The May kit will come with the Perfecting Face Brush and the Double-Ended Soft Focus Face & Eye Brush. The May kit will include the Moxie lipgloss in Motivator (brilliant nude), Flourish Blush (peachy pink), Sophisticated Eyecolor (stay-true nude pink).

Really appreciate this info! Been searching a while. Love this kit, it's an insane value just for the foundation, brush and new mineral veil product. The additional items are pretty good colors and the upcoming shades sound alright, also, especially January's.

After much research and advice I wound up with a Bareskin color which could be better. Finally found where I can switch the color choice for future installments, but only one shade is currently available. Does anyone know if there is another way to resolve this? Ordered Satin but it sounds like I should have ordered Shell. Really don't want to give up on this kit but without the right shade of Bareskin it doesn't make sense. Smiley Sad THANKs

Occasional Contributor

On 1/2/2015 snowwy said:
On 12/17/2014 Tamra410 said: I do not have pictures but I have this saved from where the aired it. The January kit will include the Moxie lipgloss in Heartbreaker (peony pink), Exhilarate Blush (raspberry sorbet), Soft Taupe (luminious gray brown) eyecolor. The January kit will come with the Heavenly Face Brush and the Double-Ended Full Tapered Shadow & Blush Brush The May kit will come with the Perfecting Face Brush and the Double-Ended Soft Focus Face & Eye Brush. The May kit will include the Moxie lipgloss in Motivator (brilliant nude), Flourish Blush (peachy pink), Sophisticated Eyecolor (stay-true nude pink).

Really appreciate this info! Been searching a while. Love this kit, it's an insane value just for the foundation, brush and new mineral veil product. The additional items are pretty good colors and the upcoming shades sound alright, also, especially January's.

After much research and advice I wound up with a Bareskin color which could be better. Finally found where I can switch the color choice for future installments, but only one shade is currently available. Does anyone know if there is another way to resolve this? Ordered Satin but it sounds like I should have ordered Shell. Really don't want to give up on this kit but without the right shade of Bareskin it doesn't make sense. Smiley Sad THANKs

I emailed customer service and they changed mine from Bare Beige to Bare Natural.

Frequent Contributor

I emailed CS and they changed my foundation shade for this coming shipment. I don't think I'm interested in the colors for the third shipment. It's nice for me to take one drop of light (shell) and one drop of medium (satin) and blend them. I'm pretty fair and it'll take me until August to truly be my medium shade. I'm looking forward to this AD, but I really can't wait for the next Chandlelight shipment!
Trusted Contributor

I was able to change my shade in the actual AD order. So I went to my orders page, then selected "View/Edit my plan" over on the left of this item. It then shows the two future shipments with dates. I selected "Edit" on the next shipment, then changed the shade to Beige instead of Natural. Does anyone know whether Beige is deeper than natural? I thought that it was because it is further over to the right on the shade chart, but the model appears lighter complexion than the model showing Natural. Regardless, I'm getting Beige in my next order (I hope!)
Contributor

On 1/2/2015 grammyoftwo said:
On 1/2/2015 snowwy said:

I emailed customer service and they changed mine from Bare Beige to Bare Natural.

Grammyoftwo, I emailed customer service and they made the change (Satin to Shell). Didn't think they would or could if the choice was not available, even though they do have the product sold alone. I remember asking for a similar switch in the past and not getting good results. Maybe they changed that. It's always good to ask CS but since time was getting short I figured I'd ask here too in case the best shoppers I know had some ideas. Thank you Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

On 1/6/2015 CAshopper2011 said: I was able to change my shade in the actual AD order. So I went to my orders page, then selected "View/Edit my plan" over on the left of this item. It then shows the two future shipments with dates. I selected "Edit" on the next shipment, then changed the shade to Beige instead of Natural. Does anyone know whether Beige is deeper than natural? I thought that it was because it is further over to the right on the shade chart, but the model appears lighter complexion than the model showing Natural. Regardless, I'm getting Beige in my next It depends on undertone which shade will be "deeper". You have to look at the shade chart and go by undertone, rather than shade.

****The above is a quote from someone else's previous post. I am a cool undertone, so Bare Shell is my light shade and Bare Satin is my medium shade. Bare Linen is the light neutral shade and Bare Natural is the medium shade for neutral skin. I spent a lot of time trying to get the right shade last year when this foundation debuted. I was using the BM self tanner, which is a very golden bronze color and completely different than my own base color family. My lightest shade in BareSkin became Bare Cream and my medium shade became Bare Beige with the golden bronze self tanner. In various stages of self tanning with Bare Minerals Faux Tan I could use one drop of Cream and one of Beige. Sometimes I feel like I'm mixing paint, but I like to have the right color. I don't like when you see the hosts with self tanner on obviously up to their jaw lines, but none on their faces. Their skin is this gorgeous bronze color, but they're wearing some spaghetti strap dress and you can see their face is a different color entirely than their neck.

In the meantime, I had thought I was a neutral and couldn't figure out why none of the colors really looked RIGHT. I kept getting conflicting, or what I thought was conflicting, information every time I requested ANOTHER shade match in Ulta, Sephora, or a BM boutique. I thought I was neutral bc I had originally been shade matched as Fairly Light in Original. Finally getting shade matched as Fairly Medium after staring at all the shade charts and having all my self tanner wear off was great. The determination of undertone is one of the most helpful pieces of info I've acquired lol. One girl in Sephora (they have this light meter thing they put on your face) told me I have a lot of yellow in my skin... I'm thinking, "Huh? Really?" Nope, it was leftover self tanner... Jessica said during one of a million BM shows I've recorded over the past year, "Look at the shade chart for the closest match to YOUR skin". That was Fairly Medium, cool undertone: burns easily, or burns then tans...

So this time I'm getting Bare Satin to move up to when the weather gets warm and I start getting some sun. Right now I'm on the fence about using self tanner because the upkeep is difficult. I don't do cancer (tanning) beds.

Occasional Contributor

On 1/7/2015 snowwy said:
On 1/2/2015 grammyoftwo said:
On 1/2/2015 snowwy said:

Grammyoftwo, I emailed customer service and they made the change (Satin to Shell). Didn't think they would or could if the choice was not available, even though they do have the product sold alone. I remember asking for a similar switch in the past and not getting good results. Maybe they changed that. It's always good to ask CS but since time was getting short I figured I'd ask here too in case the best shoppers I know had some ideas. Thank you Smiley Happy

You're welcome...I'm glad they were able to make the change for you. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}