Valued Contributor

Re: BareSkin Foundation - Keeping it, or not?

Returning. It looked like I had powder on my face, and I don't like that look on anyone unless they are on television.

Super Contributor

keeping. I got Bare Shell and Bare Linen. Bare Shell is a perfect match. I will use both and buy Bare Shell next time.

Super Contributor

Mine is packages up to go back tomorrow. I got bare satin and while the shade is ok, I've just never had a foundation make my face look so terrible ever. I have nice skin to start with yet this stuff brings out pores I can't see wearing other makeup and by afternoon makes my face look super shiny even though I'm not oily. It's just a huge miss for me. There are so many other things I like better that make my skin look great.
Trusted Contributor

This has been so interesting. QVC sold and pushed this foundation for almost 2 months before anyone could try it. It looks like thousands have been sold. Of the 300 or so reviews, they are running about 50/50 Love/hate. Of those who did the advance purchase - would you have purchased now after reading the reviews?

I'll bet that many people who are unhappy won't bother to return and pay the hefty QVC return shipping. I'm sure BE calculated the product return percentage and built it into the price.

What, besides saving a few dollars made people buy without shade matching, sampling or reviews? Now hundreds will pay return shipping, and guess again on the shade? In just a couple of weeks, it will be available everywhere - free shipping, free returns.

Super Contributor

Keeping it for casual days (like my Mac and Colorstay when going anywhere special). I like the light feeling of it on my skin. And it is easy to apply with my fingers (looks better with the brush but takes more time).

It's kind of a light coverage. Not a bad foundation, but not a great foundation.

Contributor

KEEPING! At least, so far, after using these past 6 days my dry skin looks dewy and natural. I got the Bare Natural since I use either Fairly Light or Medium Beige in the original. It might be a bit too dark for my normal winter complexion, but since I currently live in a tropical climate my face is usually at least a a little tan, so the match will be perfect year round for now. I am pleasantly surprised with how well the brush applies the serum foundation...I expected to have to use my fingers, but I really like the ease of use with the brush. My skin is in fairly good shape for 52 (blemish free, few wrinkles, but has aging hyper pigmentation), and it doesn't settle in my fine lines after doing my daily routine using mostly BE skincare products.

Super Contributor

Keeping it, I like to switch off depending on what I am doing that day. BUT if I really want to look special for an event I will always go with my BE minerals, they are still the best.

Contributor

keeping mine, too. better than so many I've tried...still not perfect. but with aging, changing skin, the original bare minerals that I loved stopped looking good on me. I feel like my skin is softer since using this for about two weeks.

Super Contributor

NOT.

Color was okay, but finish wasn't great. All "broken up" and in lines after a few hours.

It might be my sunscreen but there's no way I'm skipping that -- the BE Titanium Dioxide is NOT a Broad Spectrum sunblock.

Of course, disappointed. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

Keeping...I like it enough to keep, but not sure if I will stay on auto-delivery. Time will tell as the summer goes on. I like the coverage, ease of use, color, and finish. My skin feels like silk. Having said all of that...my concern, believe it or not, is the hard container. Can't wait to see how it behaves when I get to the bottom of it.

ETA: Not sure what others are saying about the dewy appearance. I don't get that at all. I only use two small drops on each side of my face and one on the forehead, then go over the chin area with what's left on the brush. I find the coverage really similar to the tinted primer that came out last year with the spf and seems to be hard to find.