Honored Contributor

Re: BareSkin Foundation - Keeping it, or not?

Mine went back today. Too greasy looking even though I'm old. I have others I like better.

Trusted Contributor

I've had and have been using for a week now and I DO think I'm keeping it. After much trial and error, my initial unhappiness with it was that it was too oily and accentuated lines and surface dryness I didn't know I had. But I found that the answer was I was using too much. Three drops total for the entire face was more than enough product - no primer necessary, slight touch of finishing powder and done. I really wanted to make this work because first and foremost the shade was perfect - bare nude, absolutely perfect!

Super Contributor

Returning. I loved the feel and the color was good, but it broke my face out! Wish it hadn't because I liked it except for that.
New Contributor

Purchased the Bare Beige and the color is perfect. Having no issues using this product and actually have found that I'm using less of other products because it covers and blends so well. I have problems with shine normally and haven't experienced even a moment of it with this product. Thank goodness!!! I just ordered a bottle for my sister however she has drier skin so it will be interesting to see if she has the same experience.

Super Contributor

I wear fair in the original foundation, and bought Bare Shell. It's a tad dark, but not bad (I understand the "full" line will have one that is lighter). I was on the fence for a while, but now I think I am keeping it.

Just about the time this came out, I had been looking for a foundation change as the original foundation was starting to settle into lines & wrinkles in my aging, but oily skin.

After trying it various way (different primers, MV, no MV, varying amounts), I think I realized this morning I have been using too much. Like the original - you almost have to look like you don't have enough on because (at least on me) after an hour or so it looks better.

I applied with the brush, then went over it with a make-up sponge to remove any excess. Tomorrow I think I will try one or two drops, and buff buff buff. I think this last is the step I have been missing. Thinking it's a liquid so I don't have to buff as much, but I don't think that is true.

Michele

Regular Contributor

On 4/22/2014 viva923 said:

I am going to the BE store 1 may for a color code check. I ordered Bare natural. think it is to light (I wear med. beige loose foundation).

I have worn bare natural about 5 times. Not crazy about it. right now it is slower to put on then my loose foundation. I will say it is better then the pressed ready foundation, which I did not like, the color match for me was awful. to yellow based.

I think I will use the liquid foundation when I want a change. I still like my loose powder still gives the best coverage.

I felt like it took longer to apply as well.

ETA: I really don't care for the brush. I've been using a blush brush to apply with better results and less pressure. Color match is perfect; I'm Fairly Light in original loose and I received Bare Linen. However, I've been using this since I got it w/the exception of a couple of non-mu days and I'm pretty sure it is breaking me out in bumps or pimples. Finish is nice. On the fence....

Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 gotpaw said:
On 4/22/2014 viva923 said:

<em>I am going to the BE store 1 may for a color code check. I ordered Bare natural. think it is to light (I wear med. beige loose foundation).</em>

<em>I have worn bare natural about 5 times. Not crazy about it. right now it is slower to put on then my loose foundation. I will say it is better then the pressed ready foundation, which I did not like, the color match for me was awful. to yellow based.</em>

<em>I think I will use the liquid foundation when I want a change. I still like my loose powder still gives the best coverage.</em>

I felt like it took longer to apply as well.

ETA: I really don't care for the brush. I've been using a blush brush to apply with better results and less pressure. Color match is perfect; I'm Fairly Light in original loose and I received Bare Linen. However, I've been using this since I got it w/the exception of a couple of non-mu days and I'm pretty sure it is breaking me out in bumps or pimples. Finish is nice. On the fence....

For those questioning colors, I was also Fairly Light in BE and bought Bare Linen and I think it was a good match. However, I just didn't care for the look, and sent it back. As far as color, I think that was the correct one for me.

Super Contributor

I have the Bare Shell and the color is perfect for me. Initially, I went with too much product and it just sat on my face. I quickly learned that less is better with this. I do two drops and touch my right cheek, depositing some of it there, then move to my left cheek and start blending it on that side of my face. Once done, I go back to the right side and blend in the small amount I left there. If I need more after I do those two drops, I'll blend in one more drop, but typically two drops is all I need. This is the first liquid foundation I've used in well over 20 years.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Contributor

I'm very disappointed in this foundation and will be returning it. I tried it for about a week. Using different primers, exfoliating, moisturizing, etc. I have combo/oily skin with a tendency to break out. The first 2 times that I wore it, I thought I liked it. It looked smooth and the color seemed perfect. After the first 2 times, it was going on spotty, it stuck to every little flake of dry skin and sunk into my pores and fine lines.

Even though I buffed it in, I could see the brush marks left behind.

After several days of using this, I went back to the original foundation and that looked flawless. I do like to have a liquid foundation to use if I want a change, but I will stick with my Makeup Forever HD and Tarte liquid foundations.

Super Contributor

After not liking BareSkin, and not liking how Original has been looking on me lately (possibly because I've been exhausted all week) I've been using Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and liking it. I'm sure I'll go back to Original, but for now I'm liking Tarte. That's the only foundation I like from them. I have the it ch to use a liquid foundation lately for some reason.