Contributor

Re: BareSkin Foundation - Keeping it, or not?

To me this is formula seems like Chanel Vitalumier Aqua. The color match for me was perfect, but the formula is a no go. I tried several times to love the Chanel and it was always to dry no matter how I moisturized.

The smell, the watery formula says Vitlalumier so I sent this back.

Not applicable

Sent mine back today. Ordered bare linen, as wear I normally wear light, but it was too yellow and chalky for me. Also, it felt really greasy over the course of the day, and I'm mostly dry now at age 61. Very disappointed as I really wanted to like it. Maybe I'll try it again when it comes out in the boutiques and get a better shade match.
Valued Contributor

I was keeping it then I wasn't going to keep it...on and on it went. I played with it every possible way. Still wasn't sure.

Today I made up half of my face in original and half of my face with Bare Skin. I used all the primers, moisturizers etc..that I would normally wear. I looked at my face and I could not see one iota difference. I did see dry on both sides and decided I needed some more moisture!

I went to the kitchen and asked DH for his HONEST opinion. He had me turn to the left and the right. He said that both sides looked good but the left side looked better and that was the Bare Skin.

So, this bottle is a keeper. I may not get any more...just don't know. Might have a different opinion when I get to the end of this bottle!

I just need to relearn how to put on a liquid foundation without a heavy hand. It's been since 1975 since I've used liquid foundation. It's a new learning curve.

Honored Contributor

I was set to do a return and tried it again. I only put Hydroshield under it and let it dry. Didn't use any day cream or any primer. I'm liking it better. Love the brush. I will try it again and guess I may keep it. Plus returns are so expensive. (older ""girl"")

Frequent Contributor

I am returning mine, it looked so dry and it went into all my pores it looked horrible!!!!!!
Super Contributor

I returned mine. I ordered the Bare Linen & it was a tad too yellow for my skin tone. The serum felt wonderful going on, but my skin felt greasy in some areas. The coverage was so-so. There's a reason I have used Estée Lauder for the last 30 yrs. & it's the coverage. If I had near perfect skin this foundation might have worked.
Super Contributor

I did return mine too. I'll probably try another shade once it's in store just to see what color I should be wearing. I couldn't truly judge if I liked it since the shade was wrong.

New Contributor

I'm keeping it. I'm Fair in the original loose foundation. I wasn't sure if Bare Shell was going to be too dark, but it was perfect. I have dry skin so no matter what foundation I use, I always use moisturizer first and usually a primer. I was surprised that I liked it because I never thought I would ever use a liquid foundation again. I love the brush. It goes on easily and blends well. I use the two drops as recommended for the first application then add a third drop for the areas I feel need a little more coverage. Its a light dewy finish, perfect for summer. It still looks good at the end of the day and my skin is nice and soft.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered Bare Natural because I am wearing Medium Beige after some Faux Tan-ning sessions {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} (I'm normally Fairly Light). I LOVE my BareSkin. I don't know how it will wear in the humidity this summer, but I'm definitely keeping it and WEARING it. I've only been with BM for two years (I told my husband the day before I started a new job that I NEEDED a makeover because it had been YEARS and two babies since I'd had one... and I wanted to try BM). I love my Original foundation, but I tried Ready (not for me) and I had to try this one after watching all the shows.

I'm wearing it without primer or Mineral Veil (tried it with both for comparison), using a total of four drops and following the directions. I don't feel anything on my face, and it looks perfect (not settling in lines/wrinkles or looking cakey)

I noticed BE.com will have eight additional shades available, which I think will solve a lot of problems for people whose shade hasn't worked out for them.

-Turning 41/Brown hair/Blue eyes/Fairly Light or Medium BeigeSmile

Respected Contributor

On 4/17/2014 ginabfly said:

I took a few days off from the BareSkin Foundation and wore my Fairly Medium Original. Today I tried BS again, and it is just too dark. Bare Satin probably would be good if I were tan and wearing Medium, but it is just too dark for me now. I wonder if I would like it if it actually matched my skin? But since we had to guess on our shades, I ordered the wrong one. I still wonder what the heck they were the thinking? I also wonder how many returns they will receive.

Are you keeping or returning yours?

Like you, I am a Fairly Medium in the original mineral version. I ordered the Bare Satin thinking it should be the right shade. It is too dark and too yellow for my complexion. I was tempted to order the Bare Linen but thought it would be too light after seeing the presentation. I defnitely think I need one of the light shades but they may be too light. The finish was fine for me. I will probably check it out again when it is available in stores so I can actually see the various shades and decide if any of them will work. The Bare Satin is definitely going back.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama