New Contributor

Bare Minerals vs Bare Skin: color...I am so confused

I love Bare Minerals. Used it for years, but I thought I would try the new Bare Skin. In Bare Minerals is usually wear Medium, sometimes in winter Fairly Medium. I ordered Bare Satin in the Bare Skin based n the photo samples. I admit I have not opened the brush yet, but I tried a teeny drop of the Bare Skin on my arm and it is WAY darker. Does the brush really spread it around more evenly? Or is the color pallet simply different? I wish there was a guide that says 'if you use Medium in Bare Mineral, you should like _____ in Bare Skin'. A color comparison chart would be really helpful. I am not sure if I will keep or return the Bare Skin, I am watching the calendar. But I would hate to mess up the brush if I am going to return it. (the brush is very nice, all BE brushes are well made!)

Please advise.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals vs Bare Skin: color...I am so confused

If your face is darker than your arm, and there is even a slight chance the shade might work, use the brush! If it still isn't right, return it. The stores will have all 20 shades in May and you can get matched. You won't get the brush, but you may not like using the brush anyway.

I think you nailed how QVC should have explained which shade to pick. I saw Jessica's video and I still had no clue what I'd be. HTH

Super Contributor

On 4/23/2014 Desi said:

If your face is darker than your arm, and there is even a slight chance the shade might work, use the brush! If it still isn't right, return it. The stores will have all 20 shades in May and you can get matched. You won't get the brush, but you may not like using the brush anyway.

I think you nailed how QVC should have explained which shade to pick. I saw Jessica's video and I still had no clue what I'd be. HTH

I totally agree with you...I'm having a very hard time with the shades...I ordered 3 shades thinking about my DD's shades too...I've opened 1 and will send the other 2 back! For me it's so hard to think and or put a liquid on my face.....plus it's so watery ..... Meh
Respected Contributor

I'd be surprised if very many people got a perfect match from the presentation.

New Contributor

I wore Fairly light mixed with Fairly medium.  What would be closed in Bare Skin.  Bare Linen looks too light, Natural looks too dark???

Help!

Can you compare the Bare Skin colors to the powder formula?