Honored Contributor

Bare Minerals "Heathered" Palette

Received the "Heathered" palette last week.  I LOVE IT!

Think I will use this over the Essence "Mauve It, Mauve It" palette.  The mattes are buildable and oh so easy to blend and the colors are so pretty.  The two lighter mattes are soft in color so perfect for transition or a soft eyelid look.  The dark matte shade has good deep color to it.  I only used one shimmer shade and not even sure I'd call it a true shimmer shade - more of a "glisten."  LOL   Put this shade on my lid and it looks so pretty.

This is what I did;  Posy as a transition; Plum as outer corner; Thistle on the lid, Buffed lightly on brow.  Then Plum on lower lash line.  A touch of Thistle in the inner corner and brought it down a bit to the lower lash line.

Little to no fallout.  Love how it turned out and a few hours later, it still looks good.

So happy I bought this palette!   If someone wants to post a picture, please do so, I don't know how.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals "Heathered" Palette

bareMinerals MINERALIST Heathered Eyeshadow Palette

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Here's another pic.  I usually just google what I'm looking for, select the Images tab, right click on the image you want to copy and select Copy Image

bareMinerals MINERALIST Heathered Eyeshadow Palette | Ulta Beauty

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

Here's another pic.  I usually just google what I'm looking for, select the Images tab, right click on the image you want to copy and select Copy Image

bareMinerals MINERALIST Heathered Eyeshadow Palette | Ulta Beauty

@lkat   Loving the cooler shades. Even the Buffed shade (great crease color) is a cool nude.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

Think I will use this over the Essence "Mauve It, Mauve It" palette.  The mattes are buildable and oh so easy to blend and the colors are so pretty.  The two lighter mattes are soft in color so perfect for transition or a soft eyelid look.  The dark matte shade has good deep color to it.  I only used one shimmer shade and not even sure I'd call it a true shimmer shade - more of a "glisten."  LOL   Put this shade on my lid and it looks so pretty.

This is what I did;  Posy as a transition; Plum as outer corner; Thistle on the lid, Buffed lightly on brow.  Then Plum on lower lash line.  A touch of Thistle in the inner corner and brought it down a bit to the lower lash line.

Little to no fallout.  Love how it turned out and a few hours later, it still looks good.

So happy I bought this palette!   If someone wants to post a picture, please do so, I don't know how.

@JudyL   Love the palette, too and your techniques w/ the shade placement sound spot on. What I look for in a palette, however, is a light matte shade to set the lid primer and/or go under the brow. That's the only shade missing from this palette. I go to another one for an ivory or bone shade...

***A good, everyday palette should have a matte, neutral crease shade, an ivory or whitish shadow to apply on lid (I go up to brow bone to make blending all other shades easier), mid-tone lid shades, a deeper shade for outer corner and darken the outer crease (creating a V shape) and for me, a very dark shade for liner to be used dry or with a wet brush.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@JudyL wrote:

@JudyL   Love the palette, too and your techniques w/ the shade placement sound spot on. What I look for in a palette, however, is a light matte shade to set the lid primer and/or go under the brow. That's the only shade missing from this palette. I go to another one for an ivory or bone shade...

***A good, everyday palette should have a matte, neutral crease shade, an ivory or whitish shadow to apply on lid (I go up to brow bone to make blending all other shades easier), mid-tone lid shades, a deeper shade for outer corner and darken the outer crease (creating a V shape) and for me, a very dark shade for liner to be used dry or with a wet brush.

@Shanus - Thank you for the compliment re the shadow placement.  I agree about a good every day palette needs to have a light shade for the lid and making blending easier.  I look for that also.  This time I used a bit of my Wet n Wild setting powder to set the eyeshadow primer and as that light eyeshadow shade.   I have found doing that works really well for me when there isn't a light eyeshadow choice.