Regular Contributor

I did a live chat last May with a Bare Minerals rep and kept the transcript.  Their policy on the longevity of the product has definitely changed -- good for 3 years unopened; 1 year opened.  You may want to go to their site and do the same.  I could never really get a straight answer from the rep. It has to do with the sunscreen and FDA guidelines.

Trusted Contributor

Rocks and minerals are billions of years old. I'm sure they'll hold up for as long as you want to use them.

Respected Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

I did a live chat last May with a Bare Minerals rep and kept the transcript.  Their policy on the longevity of the product has definitely changed -- good for 3 years unopened; 1 year opened.  You may want to go to their site and do the same.  I could never really get a straight answer from the rep. It has to do with the sunscreen and FDA guidelines.

I believe this because, don't forget, Leslie sold her business and they may not make it the same way.  But, if you have something from Leslie's days I would use it.  If you see any change in your skin, then throw it away.