Super Contributor

There's a Bare Minerals TSV later this month. Usually, there's a color cosmetics TSV in early November, which is the holiday TSV. BE hasn't been on the Q as much this year, for whatever reason, and I'm guessing we won't see a TSV from them two months in a row.

Has anyone heard anything else that might be a little more encouraging?

Respected Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals holiday TSV?

This is probably the holiday one.  

I've heard the new GenNude liquid lipsticks are excellent, btw.

Respected Contributor

Musings of a muse has description and pics. Search her site for Bare Escentuals. 

Bare Minerals Bare Skin Flawless Complexion Set October QVC Today’s Special Value is available now at QVC.com if you want to pick this set up earlier than everyone else. It launches officially October 14th for $56 (log into your account to order it as QVC Insiders can get it now at that same price) and is available as a one time shipment or as an auto delivery which gets you a new set with new seasonal shades in February and January.

Here’s a look!

The Bare Minerals Bare Skin Flawless Complexion Set is most definitely an excellent value! This 8 piece set has all full size Bare Minerals products including brand new launches like Bare Skin Complete Coverage Serum Conceal, Perfect Tint Veiling, and Serum Foundation as well as Shadow Quickie Matte Cream Eyeshadow and Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor.

You get:

Bare Skin Serum Foundation SPF 20
Bare Skin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer
Bare Skin Perfecting Veil in Illuminating
Earth Rose Blush
Shadow Quickie Matte Cream Eyeshadow Stick in Fawn
Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipcolor in Juju
Perfecting Face Brush
Angled Face Brush
I love this set because it isn’t a rehash of products I already own! They include a lot of their newest offerings particularly in one kit and the price is excellent to say the least!

QVC Insiders should be able to snag it now at qvc.com.

Super Contributor

scription and the photos.Re: Bare Minerals holiday TSV?

[ Edited ]

I've seen the description and the photos -- but this configuration is closer to a foundation AD TSV than their usual Holiday AD TSVs (and BareSkin and I do NOT get along at all, so I'll be saving a lot of money on this set).

The Holiday TSVs never include foundation of any sort, and have a price point closer to $40. They focus on color cosmetics -- usually three loose shadows or 1-2 Ready palettes, a blush, lipcolor, and one or two brushes. There are also four ADs in the holiday sets, not three. They're traditionally released in early to mid-November, not in October (or they have as long as I've een buying them, dating back to 2003).

So no, this doesn't seem to have the DNA of the usual BE Holiday AD TSV. And that makes me think we won't be getting our traditional BE Holiday set from the Q this year.

Super Contributor

I know liquid lipsticks are the in thing, but I'm not sure if they'd play well with my lips. I can't wear glosses at all because of those tiny lines (too many years of drinking through a straw thanks to sensitive teeth) -- it migrates all over the place. I'm not sure if a liquid lipstick would be any better.

Honored Contributor

Liquid lipstick is nothing like a gloss, to me, anyway.  Its more like a thin paint.  Sounds yucky, but I'm learning to like it.  Confession, if I'm in a hurry, I do blot it instead of waiting for it to dry.  I have Melted and Smashbox.  Maybelline has an ad for their new one, it must be more reasonably priced.  I haven't checked my W stores yet, Walgreen or Walmart, the only places I have to shop locally.  And I'm betting Cover Girl won't be far behind. 

Trusted Contributor

Maybe mid December they will have something? I haven't tried the matte liquid, but the Heaven & XOX lipstick are nice nude shades. I don't know if I'll order the TSV, for me a matte lip and shiney face are opposite of what I need. My skin is oily so sparkly veil doesn't appeal and not sure if I want a dry looking lip while I battle oilier skin.