Trusted Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Holiday TSV ""Candlelight Glow 8 Piece Holiday Collection With Clutch""

On 10/17/2014 snowwy said:

I ordered! Excited about the future A-D installments, but this set does look a little on the warm side for my coloring. I don't think there is a way to skip the first shipment. You never know until you try so hoping for the best, or at least not the worst. Smiley Wink

Can someone please post the actual shade name of the lipstick? I love gloss but have many from other sets and over all prefer to wear lipstick with the likelihood of a more matte or velvet finish and some staying power (Buxom Full-On Lipstick still, my #1 favorite). Love the loose shadows but also enjoying the Ready because, let's face it, it's ready! I may be the only one hoping for Ready Shadow with lipstick or maybe they will make a Quickie line by next year...

Thanks Smiley Happy

It's Moxie Dim The Lights. I love it! It looks brownish/pink on my lips. No orange or peachiness.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Holiday TSV ""Candlelight Glow 8 Piece Holiday Collection With Clutch""

I got mine a couple days ago, but didn't have a chance to swatch or wear it, until today. I'm on the darker end of medium beige, with brown hair & eyes.

Nightfall eyecolor (sugared cocoa): On me, this shows like a cocoa with a bronze sheen to it. No shimmer. I don't detect any red undertone. It's very pretty, on the idea of Blushing Bronze (another BE shade)

Morning Glow eyecolor (shimmering ivory): This shade shows white on me with some gold tones in it. It's shimmery, very frosty white looking. Normally when I get a kit, I use the lighter shade from lid to brow. I couldn't with this, unless I was willing to really work at it. I ended up applying just a bit with my finger tip to the inner corners & blended it out towards the area above my crease. This made it sheer, ivory & very pretty.

Sweet Romance blush (warm rose): I think they named this perfect. It's a warm rose. It doesn't show red on me. It's similar to BE blush in Desert Rose. No shimmer in this.

Marvelous Moxie lipstick (pink nude): This shade is nothing like a pink nude to me, nor does it look anything like the pictures. Swatched on my hand it looks like a rose with maybe a splash of terracotta. But once applied it's a medium rose on me. Has a nice shine to it & texture. Almost like a lip butter.

Lasting Line long wear eyeliner (sure sable): This is just like the older Big & Bright eyeliners, only thinner, which I really like. The shade is a chocolate brown. Goes on real smooth.

Chandelight Glow Illuminator (Lumunious Gold): This is a cream in a compact in a glowly sheer gold tone. It says to apply with the brush, but I honestly can't see having this product all over . It's a beautiful highlighter type product. I applied it with my finger tip to my cheek bones, above my blush, my brow bone & cupid's bow (lip). It feels rather sticky, oily but then dries to a powder. If you've ever tried Laura Mercier Glow Veil, this product is just like it.

The brushes are nice. Although I think the eyeshadow brush is too big for my eyelids. The bag is huge & really pretty, but I honestly would rather have a box or nothing & a lower TSV price.

Super Contributor

@Love or anyone else who ordered early....

The more I'm reading about this kit, the more I'm thinking of passing. Is the lighter color anything like light show or white gold? The illuminator doesn't sound different enough to try...I am in love with the gold mineral veil I got in the big kit a couple of months ago. I'm not a fan of the moxie lip stick either and the bag is probably the thing that is pushing me back over to the no side of the fence.

Super Contributor

Sorry I didn't respond. I haven't been on very much since I was sick this week. I didn't think the lipstick swatched looked orange. It looked like a pink with brown in it. I'll let you know after I actually feel well enough to wear it. Hoping to wear makeup again on mon.

Respected Contributor

Just packed mine up to send it back. I adore the clutch. But the other products....I don't see using them very often. Colors aren't ""everyday."" And don't look particularly good on me.
Honored Contributor

I'm currently in "nope, not going to risk it" mode. lol... We'll see how many times I change my mind.

I must say, just looking at the photos & hearing the comments about it, the clutch is probably the best one they've ever given. I have a couple gold clutches from a few years ago & they are just useless. I need to donate them or find a little girl who could use them for dress up. But, no matter how pretty the clutch is, I am pretty sure I would never use it. I need a strap on my bags.

I think to myself that I should just get a few new lip colors instead and pick up specific shadows if/when I need them. Then I remind myself that the last lipstick I bought cost $25 & I start to think this is much more for my money even if I don't use all the products.

Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 gatorgal25 said:

@Love or anyone else who ordered early....

The more I'm reading about this kit, the more I'm thinking of passing. Is the lighter color anything like light show or white gold? The illuminator doesn't sound different enough to try...I am in love with the gold mineral veil I got in the big kit a couple of months ago. I'm not a fan of the moxie lip stick either and the bag is probably the thing that is pushing me back over to the no side of the fence.

Sorry, I don't have white gold or light show, so I can't compare.

Super Contributor

There are parts of this kit I love & parts I'm not thrilled with. I'm going to wear it again & see if I intend to keep it. I really don't like returning make up, but since this is the first BE TSV I've gotten since 2008, I think I should LOVE each & every piece to justify the money spent.

Super Contributor

On 10/20/2014 LovemyBE said:

There are parts of this kit I love & parts I'm not thrilled with. I'm going to wear it again & see if I intend to keep it. I really don't like returning make up, but since this is the first BE TSV I've gotten since 2008, I think I should LOVE each & every piece to justify the money spent.

That's why I've decided not to get it. I don't want the clutch and I am not all that interested in the new illuminator. The last TSV with the bareskin and compact was better for me and I use it all, so I'm sticking with that. Also, I have so many eyecolors, I'm sure I can get a similar look with what I have.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Beautiful BE Girl said:

Here is a you tube video on the collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEx2S7jBoGQ

Great swatches in that video! Thank you, BE Girl!!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}