Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Holiday TSV ""Candlelight Glow 8 Piece Holiday Collection With Clutch""

Cause it's pretty and sparkly and makes you think of holidays lol! I just got mine yesterday and I love the lipstick color and I'm really fair.

Super Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Holiday TSV ""Candlelight Glow 8 Piece Holiday Collection With Clutch""

On 10/16/2014 bambi z said:

Cause it's pretty and sparkly and makes you think of holidays lol! I just got mine yesterday and I love the lipstick color and I'm really fair.

Hi bami z could you tell me if you find the lipstick shade warm or orangey/peachy at all? I'm finding the shade description and photo seem rather different than the video Susan W posted. Thanks! I'm also very fair as well.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/16/2014 bljed said:

Hi bami z could you tell me if you find the lipstick shade warm or orangey/peachy at all? I'm finding the shade description and photo seem rather different than the video Susan W posted. Thanks! I'm also very fair as well.

I thought so too. When I watched the video I cancelled my order because I felt it looked a little orangey to me too. At least until I see more pictures. I wear fair and Bare Porcelain in BareSkin. I like a little red occasionally or even peachy pink but orange NO.

Super Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Haddie said:

I thought so too. When I watched the video I cancelled my order because I felt it looked a little orangey to me too. At least until I see more pictures. I wear fair and Bare Porcelain in BareSkin. I like a little red occasionally or even peachy pink but orange NO.

Haddie- perhaps we can wait until more reviews are posted or for the presentation to decide. I'm just like you with the sound of your shade preferences. I were Bare Shell in the BareSkin and have found that some shades seem to even go orangey on me. The Moxie gloss in the BareSkin tsv went orangey which surprised me.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Haddie said:

Haddie- perhaps we can wait until more reviews are posted or for the presentation to decide. I'm just like you with the sound of your shade preferences. I were Bare Shell in the BareSkin and have found that some shades seem to even go orangey on me. The Moxie gloss in the BareSkin tsv went orangey which surprised me.

Agreed on both counts..I ordered the TSV in bare skin in bare shell and have been mixing it with my bare porcelain . I did not care for the moxie either. I thought this kit eye colors would look good with the eye color from that kit and was excited about it. But, now I am not so sure. I will wait to see it presented. I really like the brow bone highlight eye color in this kit. But, if the lipstick is not good it will be a no go for me. Peace.
Contributor

Here is a you tube video on the collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEx2S7jBoGQ

Occasional Contributor

I got this yesterday and used it today. I thought the light shadow was very shimmery, more than I want, but I love the dark shadow. I like browns and this goes on light (you can add more, but I like the subtle brown I got with a sparing application.) I also like the brown eyeliner.

The blush was nice, no sparkle and a shade that would work for a lot of people. The lipstick is nude, leaning to orange/coral.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the luminizer. It seems too shimmery, especially for daytime. The directions also suggest using it on shoulders and collarbone and I think it might work well for that. I'm just not sure how much 'glowing' I want during the day. I think I'm at the age where I feel it highlights my lines more than anything, but someone younger might like it more.

Also, the clutch is really cute and it's big enough to hold a wallet, phone, and some touch-up things.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the additional reviews & the 2nd YouTube video. They are helping me to decide.

I think I would use the light shadow as a highlighter dotted in a couple places over my other eye makeup - at the center of my eye right above my liner and at the inner eye area. I don't think I would want it on my browbone.

Annie, thanks for letting us know that the dark shadow can be applied to have a subtle look. That was a concern of mine. I'm still undecided but I am leaning toward getting the kit. I think the lip & blush colors will be good on me. The illuminator looks interesting. I'd have to experiment with it. A hint of glow would be great but I would not want it to be really noticeable.

I'm looking forward to more video reviews...

Contributor

I ordered! Excited about the future A-D installments, but this set does look a little on the warm side for my coloring. I don't think there is a way to skip the first shipment. You never know until you try so hoping for the best, or at least not the worst. Smiley Wink

Can someone please post the actual shade name of the lipstick? I love gloss but have many from other sets and over all prefer to wear lipstick with the likelihood of a more matte or velvet finish and some staying power (Buxom Full-On Lipstick still, my #1 favorite). Love the loose shadows but also enjoying the Ready because, let's face it, it's ready! I may be the only one hoping for Ready Shadow with lipstick or maybe they will make a Quickie line by next year...

Thanks Smiley Happy

Contributor

On 10/17/2014 snowwy said:

I ordered! Excited about the future A-D installments, but this set does look a little on the warm side for my coloring. I don't think there is a way to skip the first shipment. You never know until you try so hoping for the best, or at least not the worst. Smiley Wink

Can someone please post the actual shade name of the lipstick? I love gloss but have many from other sets and over all prefer to wear lipstick with the likelihood of a more matte or velvet finish and some staying power (Buxom Full-On Lipstick still, my #1 favorite). Love the loose shadows but also enjoying the Ready because, let's face it, it's ready! I may be the only one hoping for Ready Shadow with lipstick or maybe they will make a Quickie line by next year...

A little concerned also because I placed my order on 10/14 and it still shows as IN PROCESS on 10/17. I'd be less concerned if the other item I ordered with it didn't ship the very next day! Anybody else have to wait a few days for this set to ship once ordered?

Thanks Smiley Happy

if you don't think you'll want the first shipment, do not accept delivery from ups, the package will be sent back - no extra shipping charges to return - full refund to your cc & your ad is still in place.