Respected Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Holiday TSV ""Candlelight Glow 8 Piece Holiday Collection With Clutch""

Ordered! The description doesn't exactly match the picture, and I will probably never use the clutch. But the products look like they're totally worth it regardless. And you can't beat their brushes. They're the best!
Honored Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Holiday TSV ""Candlelight Glow 8 Piece Holiday Collection With Clutch""

I'm looking forward to everyone's reviews!

Super Contributor

I got mine just now and on first look and some swatching I love it!

The bag it comes with is more of an evening bag-gold threading with a gold bar across.

The luminizer is creamy, very subtle. No sparkle I can detect, just a soft sheen. The compact is impressive.

The blush looks dark in the container, looked too bright on my arm but looks really nice on the cheek with a lighter hand. I can see how it would be a nightmare if someone used too much.

Lipstick is another surprise. I don't think it looks anything like it does in the tube. I see some gold tones, leans a little reddish (subtle) but it's different and pretty. I don't like red tones, but I do like this shade.

Morning glow shadow is very pretty and I do believe it can be worn with all eye shades.

Nightfall is deceiving. Looks really brown in the container and at first I thought it was a dark cinnamon but I see some mauve/reddish shades. It's interesting but leans reddish IMO.

I think this set runs on the warm side and I am not sure how cool, fair skin tones would feel about it, although if anyone is looking for a blush with a punch to it, this is it. Also, not sure what it will all look like in natural light.

I am glad I ordered AD. Sorry if I seem vague on some things, but I have a hard time describing shades and scents.

Edit: I checked shading in my bedroom lighting. Wow, how different some shades can look in areas other than the hand. The Nightfall shadow is deep gold and in my mag light I can see little flecks of pink or purple shining out. Very odd shade and I really like it. The light shade is beigey, not quite white, not quite beige. Very pretty. The blush is deep and definitely has brickish red shading to it. The lipstick looked the same, but I didn't see much of the gold tone coming off of it as I did in my bathroom lighting. Looks the same and leans subtle reddish.

The luminizer is has a gold tone to it. It's pretty and another item in this kit that gives off a subtle glow.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

SD, thanks for the review! I'm more tempted than before!

The shadows sound very different. How glittery or shimmery are they? I can handle a little, subtle shimmer, but too much doesn't work for me. does the light one have shimmer, too?

Trusted Contributor

Mine is out for delivery! Why, oh why, do I have to go to work today?
Honored Contributor

Is the lipstick Moxie? I learned last year to expect good value kits for holiday. I'm prepared.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review SilentDance! I was unsure on it but I'm definitely getting it now and will do AD. Hopefully there will be no issues with this AD. I was going to get Tarte's holiday TSV but now I'm unsure.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the great review. The RED in the shadow is a bummer, I hate red in shadows but the rest of it sounds great.

The "Glow" product (gel to powder) where do you use that? Is it all over or just like on your cheek bones and such? Corner of eyes maybe?

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review SilentDance! I'm rather bummed also if these colors show red. I don't like red in any make up colors! Interesting because the description of the lip stick says pink nude, the eye shadow says sugared cocoa and the blush says warm rose.

Not sure when my kit will show up. I ordered it Friday 10/10/14 the minute it went active and it just shipped today, 5 days later!!

Contributor

Trying to get another pic up of the TSV. I don't know why I can't get this one to post!!