Frequent Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Holiday TSV ""Candlelight Glow 8 Piece Holiday Collection With Clutch""

Got mine today! I am very happy with this tsv. The clutch is nice and the goodies inside are very pretty. I didn't detect any red in the moxie lipstick. Its a pretty pink. Didn't try the shadows. The highlighter is a gold cream. No shimmer detected. Overall, I think this is one of the nicest kits I have purchased and will be excited to receive the next shipments.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Holiday TSV ""Candlelight Glow 8 Piece Holiday Collection With Clutch""

On 10/15/2014 porschec said:

Got mine today! I am very happy with this tsv. The clutch is nice and the goodies inside are very pretty. I didn't detect any red in the moxie lipstick. Its a pretty pink. Didn't try the shadows. The highlighter is a gold cream. No shimmer detected. Overall, I think this is one of the nicest kits I have purchased and will be excited to receive the next shipments.

Thank you!!!

Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 Sandgirl said:

Thanks for the great review. The RED in the shadow is a bummer, I hate red in shadows but the rest of it sounds great.

The "Glow" product (gel to powder) where do you use that? Is it all over or just like on your cheek bones and such? Corner of eyes maybe?

There is no red in the shadow or none that I detect but I did say the blush leans red and so does the lipstick on me. I am medium skin tone.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 LovemyBE said:

Thanks for the review SilentDance! I'm rather bummed also if these colors show red. I don't like red in any make up colors! Interesting because the description of the lip stick says pink nude, the eye shadow says sugared cocoa and the blush says warm rose.

Not sure when my kit will show up. I ordered it Friday 10/10/14 the minute it went active and it just shipped today, 5 days later!!

It leans red on me. Actually I didn't care much for the intensity of it in the lighting at work. I will have to try it again tomorrow with a much lighter hand.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 depglass said:

Is the lipstick Moxie? I learned last year to expect good value kits for holiday. I'm prepared.

Yes, it's Moxie, very creamy. Lasts a good amount of time too, much better than other lipsticks except maybe EL Envy which I love but the shades are very limited for me.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 willdob3 said:

SD, thanks for the review! I'm more tempted than before!

The shadows sound very different. How glittery or shimmery are they? I can handle a little, subtle shimmer, but too much doesn't work for me. does the light one have shimmer, too?

They have a sheen maybe described as frost. The light shade probably has shimmer to reflect the light but if it does it is micro. I see a more frosty look.

In the mag mirror I detect shimmer in the luminizer and I expect that otherwise it wouldn't be much of a luminizer, but they are fine particles.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 SilentDance said:
On 10/14/2014 willdob3 said:

SD, thanks for the review! I'm more tempted than before!

The shadows sound very different. How glittery or shimmery are they? I can handle a little, subtle shimmer, but too much doesn't work for me. does the light one have shimmer, too?

They have a sheen maybe described as frost. The light shade probably has shimmer to reflect the light but if it does it is micro. I see a more frosty look.

In the mag mirror I detect shimmer in the luminizer and I expect that otherwise it wouldn't be much of a luminizer, but they are fine particles.

Smiley Happy

Thanks. I am tempted. Been a long time since I bought a fun new kit to enjoy.

Nice to hear about it early so I can talk myself into & out of it a few times before actually deciding. lol...

Contributor

SusanW has a review up on youtube. The kit looks pretty amazing!

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 txteacher said:

SusanW has a review up on youtube. The kit looks pretty amazing!

Thanks! I just watched... The kit looks very nice. I've been very good lately; I probably deserve this. lol...

Honored Contributor

I watched the video again..I think the shadows probably have too much sheen for me. So why do I still want to buy the kit?