Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone seen the new foundation that Bare Minerals has developed? Is this the third new foundation this year? I have two of them and do not like them. This one has 21 shades to choose from. On one of the models when she was putting on the foundation it looked orange and then the rep came over and used the brush to get an even tone. So I don't know how the average person would use it. Here is another line that has gone over the edge.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bare Minerals Foundation

This new foundation is Talc with silicone. Very dissapointed. I would not pay $30 for 1/3 of an ounce of talc, nor is this good for your skin.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I have used this new foundation once.

did not like the color match. To me it was way to light. Went on ok, but by end of day, it was drying to my face and looked cakey.  

I was told by a large store manager that she went to classes for this new foundation, that you have to use a brush (that BE sells). If you use the wrong brush you will ruin the foundation. The foundation will dry out.  

Do not know if this is true or not.  I purchased both foundation and brush, cost was 60dollars.  I used it only once.  I should return it, but the store is quite a ways from my house and finding a ride back to the store is hard.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because I have used BareMinerals for years, I did not read the ingredients. My bad. Although I am not a fan of talc, I have been using this creamy powder and 

love the way it looks on my 65 year old face. Smooths wrinkles, lasts, and looks great. Several colors would have been fine so it is very forgiving color-wise. I bought mine at Ulta and did not buy the brush. I guess I will have to hold my breath while applying.

Respected Contributor

Yes. The companies seem to have to come out with new stuff all the time, but I don't have to buy it. The powder is great. And the "complexion rescue" works well on me too.

I'm fine. Don't need any different foundation. 

Honored Contributor

I do not understand why BE came out with this new foundation since their Ready formulation is already in a compact of pressed powder. I'll stick with the Ready foundation as I like the way it looks on me.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

The ready foundation has been discontinued.

this new foundation (with the talc) is the new foundation that is replacing the ready foundation

Frequent Contributor

I got barepro foundation and LOVE IT!!  I had it color-matched to my skin at a store and it is a perfect match.  To have 21 choices in color match is fabulous.  Most likely if you  get the right color, it will look perfect.

The key to this foundation, I believe is to moisturize before application.  Most of us already do that as the last step of our skin regimen.  In a few minutes after application, it is not cakey and blends well all day.  It stays looking great.  My friend even commented on how great my skin looks and we went to the store to get her barepro too.

I don't use the brush that they recommend for it.  The sales lady felt any flat brush would do.  So I just use the tarte brush I had because I was using tarte powder foundation before barepro.  It blends easily.

Honored Contributor

@jewel3 wrote:

Because I have used BareMinerals for years, I did not read the ingredients. My bad. Although I am not a fan of talc, I have been using this creamy powder and 

love the way it looks on my 65 year old face. Smooths wrinkles, lasts, and looks great. Several colors would have been fine so it is very forgiving color-wise. I bought mine at Ulta and did not buy the brush. I guess I will have to hold my breath while applying.

Honestly, no need at all to do that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland